Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #21
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Oh and to answer your question on Death wish, insane, or stupid? I'll go with f-ing insane that will suit me just fine. If you come into a situation on the road or track and hesitate that will get you killed. Besides I hope I die with my boots on anyway.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Besides I hope I die with my boots on anyway.
I'm kind of hoping I die with a condom on.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Then again, it would be nice to die the way my Grandpa did, peacefully, in his sleep. And not screaming and praying like the people riding in the car with him.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #24
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm kind of hoping I die with a condom on.
Or perhaps both, I know I'v done it a couple times with my boots on:0!

But yes passing in your sleep would be ideal.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I go by the adage that it's more fun to go fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike.... There's plenty of places around here you can flat haul ass, the only thing stopping you is deer and elk, log trucks and the occasional WSP trooper. I actually enjoy checking out the scenery. That's what my bike does best, just lope along at a nice reasonable 40 to 60 on the back roads, 80 or 90 on the freeway and life is good.

I even found a set of Dunlops I like, the standard D402's actually work well on the dresser and I got almost 20k out of the last set. I can't remember what I paid to have them mounted and balanced but the bike runs pretty smooth so it was money well spent.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Indiana had a lot of Deer which thankfully I never encountered. You almost don't stand a chance with animals that are that fast.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Indiana had a lot of Deer which thankfully I never encountered. You almost don't stand a chance with animals that are that fast.
They're like fleas on a dog up here. I almost pasted one the other day. near dusk, filtered light through the trees, I came around a corner and there she was in the middle of my lane. Once again ABS saved the day because I just dropped the anchor and steered around her, well..steered around where she had been.... once they're spooked they bounce outta' there PDQ..

Even worse but a little more rare are Elk, basically horses with big giant antlers. The bad thing about them is when the bulls are in rut they want to fight or screw anything that moves and they won't back down, you just have to wait them out or go the other way, stupid bastardo's......

At any rate, that's why triple digit touring ain't such a good idea around here.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #28
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
They're like fleas on a dog up here. I almost pasted one the other day. near dusk, filtered light through the trees, I came around a corner and there she was in the middle of my lane. Once again ABS saved the day because I just dropped the anchor and steered around her, well..steered around where she had been.... once they're spooked they bounce outta' there PDQ..

Even worse but a little more rare are Elk, basically horses with big giant antlers. The bad thing about them is when the bulls are in rut they want to fight or screw anything that moves and they won't back down, you just have to wait them out or go the other way, stupid bastardo's......

At any rate, that's why triple digit touring ain't such a good idea around here.

Sounds like avoiding them is some what like NASCAR just drive into the smoke and aim right for the car, cause it'll be gone when you get there. The elk on the other hand sounds like you should go off roading. I think the track teaches you panic braking better then any other venue.
I'm not saying I couldn't use abs, I'd just rather not, to me that's when you give up learning process. Just my 2, and to each his own.

Triple digit touring? Sounds like a good t-shirt. Other than that it's worthless on the street unless your trying to impress your bros. Not that I haven't hit those digits but it's always on an empty road with 15 of my close friends.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-21-2010 at 09:22 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

25 years ago there were about 200000 deer hits per year. Now it's 1.5 million. That's a lot more increase in hits than increase in cars. Part of the problem is that the wackos have virtually stopped hunting in the East. The fools even put food out for the deer in winter. Too many idiots watching Animal Planet and Bambi.

Last edited by seruzawa : 07-22-2010 at 06:30 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
25 years ago there were about 200000 deer hits per year. Now it's 1.5 million. That's a lot more increase in hits than increase in cars. Part of the problem is that the wackos have virtually stopped hunting in the East. The fools even put food out for the deer in winter. Too many idiots watching Animal Planet and Bambi.
10 years ago, it was estimated that there were nearly 2.5million deer living INSIDE the Little Rock City Limits. That's about 4-times more deer than humans living there. People were complaining about the deer eating their roses and hanging plants. So, the Game Commission solicited talk about allowing bow-hunting within the City - stupid-ass activist groups had a field-day.......

I imagine the population is higher, now.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote