Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Kristi Burke
Registered Member

Talking Taylor Made Racing

I just discoved a company called Taylor Made Racing! I really like the look of their exhausts! Completely different look from the usual. If you have heard anything in regards to their products, please let me know. Taylormade Racing

Last edited by Kristi Burke : 12-10-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Kristi Burke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Really. You just discovered the products that you already sell? Amazing!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Kristi, I bought their exhaust system for my Suzuki, and it's an utter POS. It didn't fit the bike well (it was supposed to be specifically for my model). Then the finish started to corrode within a few days. To top it all off, the mounts on the header end broke off and the blow-by burned my exhaust valves. I'm considering a lawsuit.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I hear they use child slave-labor to make their products.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Kristi Burke
Registered Member

Taylor Made Racing is a very new company and very new to me. My knowledge in the motorcycle world is only just beginning but it is important for me to understand the reputation of Taylor Made Racing and their products. Only a select few know of the company although Taylor Made has customers all accrossed the world. Taylor Made Racing is looking for their next product and is trying to identify business/product strengths and weaknesses. In the last 3 years the company has gone from two individuals running the business to 12 individuals. Any input or information would be helpful.
Kristi Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Thanks for the update, Kristi. Here's a little more info on my experience with Taylor Made:

When the exhaust header mount broke, the pipe flew off. This was on I-95 during heavy Thanksgiving weekend traffic, and regretably, the pipe bounced into the path of a large RV. Smashing the windshield, the pipe proceeded to skewer a lady in the passenger seat; pinning her to the seat, but luckily, missing her heart and lungs.

The driver of the RV dialed 911 on his cell phone, and paramedics were at the scene within minutes (luckily this was right outside of Ft. Pierce, a major highway junction area). The paramedics felt the best way to help the lady was to leave the pipe where it was, and transport the woman to the hosptial in the RV. Within a few minutes, a large convoy of vehicles, led by the FHP, proceeded to Ft. Pierce Regional Medical Center.

Doctors rushed to the RV, and were able to extract the Taylor-Made pipe from the woman's chest. Although she will have a "Taylor-Made" scar on her breast (burned in by the hot pipe when it hit her) she will make a full recovery sometime in mid-2010. However, the three young children who were also in the RV were brutually traumatized by the incident, and remain under heavy sedation. Their future is unclear.

The surgeon who removed the Taylor-Made exhaust pipe noted that it appeared to be made from a very thinwall tubing. He's a Ducati rider, and said "compared to my Termi's, this thing looks like a beer can." Of course, that is just an opinon, no actual measurements were made.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 12-10-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You ever see that movie Slumdog Millionaire?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Any input or information would be helpful."

Your employees, products, and marketing people all suck. Does that info help any?
Old 12-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I always go with a proven exhaust system. Preferably something that is used in racing throughout major Associations and Teams. The Taylor Made exhaust systems imo haven't proven anything but looks. Thats the main difference, with the sportbikes atleast the Taylor Made's fairing peice they supply looks great thats about it. I will always buy based on performance rather than looks. Coarse alot of sportbike riders are posers so it works out just fine. Sorry just my two.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Coarse alot of sportbike riders are posers so it works out just fine. Sorry just my two.
I cannot believe you just typed that.

Really.

You're full of more surpises than a Mat Mladin lookin' for a WSBK ride...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote