Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
JFTGoldie
Registered Member

Angry For: Motorcycle.com - Bad News

Do you even both to check to see if ANY of your "sellers" are legitimate or not??? I have sent emails to 4 of your sellers but only got 1 response and he/she "took me for a ride" for sure!!! They lied like a dog in the beginning of the emails and just when we were getting ready to buy it, I wrote about my daughter having cancer and that the bike was for her and here is the email I got back AFTER I talked about my daughter: "Hello, Be carefully , there is a lot of unreliable persons. My bike has already been sold and take care of your daughter. If you are going to buy a bike go in person and pick it up. Thank you!" At least they finally got honest!! But IF you are going to keep your site up and running I would advise that you start doing checks on your "sellers"........just to keep YOU honest. That is IF YOU ARE AN HONEST PERSON! First suggestion would be to add a "Scam" block on each page that comes back to you so that you will know which people are trying to REALLY sell their items and ones that are just running a "SCAM" job on ya. I won't trust any others from your site for sure and I intend on letting others know what I had to deal with in order to make sure your site is HONEST AND CAN BE TRUSTED TO DEAL WITH!
JFTGoldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Are you referring as "sellers" to the miscellaneous hit-and-run jagoff's that spam the board with one lousy ad for some bike they may or may not posess? If so, it is entirely Caveat Emptor on those ads, as they're worth exactly what the seller paid for them. Maybe less.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

JFTGoldie,
Many readers of MO have been through these difficulties. It's virtually impossible for the editors and publishers of the site to vett each and every post. But, you can be sure, there are many honest, reliable sellers offering quality merchandise at deeply discounted prices. How to tell who's who in the zoo? Simple.

YOU TAKE MY SEMINAR!! KLAZY KEN TEACH YOU EVERYTING YOU NEED KNOW TO BUY AND SELL MOTORCYCLE AND MOTORCYCLE STUFF ON THE INTERNET. YOU CAN BE MILLIONAIRE LIKE TOUSANDS MY STUDENT!

Keep watching these forums for announcments on upcoming Klazy Ken Seminar in your area. You not be solly.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

These are free ads. How does one check such things out anyhow? MO can't afford to fly people all over the country to check out free ads. Maybe if we charged $2,000 dollars per ad, maybe.....
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

More bad news Goldie: That hot young chick you've been chatting with online is really a fat, Michael Douglas on steroids who lives in his mother's basement.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
SmokeU
Registered Member

Some ads are legit *cough*mine*cough*

Oh I'm sorry, what was I saying...
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Your buddy is back again Buz. You are a happy man!