Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
savinpeoplepain
Registered Member

Default Hawk Helmets

Has anyone bought a hawk helmet? If you have what did you think of it? We have been selling hawk helmets for awhile but we have been unable to get many reviews. We would like to hear from anyone who has owned one and used it to find out how durable they are, what kind of wind noise you get, and anything else they may be on someone's mind. We carry many kinds of helmets but these we have had a hard time getting reviews on. Please respond to the thread or send us an email at helpyou@savinscalphelmets.com. If you have purchased one from us at www.savinscalphelmets.com please stop buy and fill out a survey using the Rate the Product link under Customer Help. It will help us to better serve you and others in the future.

Last edited by savinpeoplepain : 01-12-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added link for ease of finding help survey
savinpeoplepain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Klazy Ken miss big opportunity not having seminar on "Stupid Posts to Sell Crap on Internet Forums." Klazy Ken dishonored. Kill self now.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
savinpeoplepain
Registered Member

Thanks man, you took a legitimate request for input from the consumers of these helmets and made us look like the bad guys for trying to help better serve consumers. What better place to ask for input than the flippin forums where the very riders that wear motorcycle helmets converse! Who is the flippin genius? Maybe I should ask the girl scouts what they think of different motorcycle helmets. I suppose all great brands of motorcycle helmets started out great from day one and the whole world loved them for their miraculous breakthroughs in helmet technology. You know, Arai was built overnight with no input from it's consumers. They probably never use forums for research. You're right we're thinking bassackwards for asking some motorcyclist what they think of a certain kind of helmet. You know not everyone has the 500 to 700 dollars for a handcrafted Arai, I guess anyone who doesn't should be considered posers, unable to ride the roads on two wheels, unworthy to bow down before them.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by savinpeoplepain View Post
Thanks man, you took a legitimate request for input from the consumers of these helmets and made us look like the bad guys for trying to help better serve consumers. What better place to ask for input than the flippin forums where the very riders that wear motorcycle helmets converse! Who is the flippin genius? Maybe I should ask the girl scouts what they think of different motorcycle helmets. I suppose all great brands of motorcycle helmets started out great from day one and the whole world loved them for their miraculous breakthroughs in helmet technology. You know, Arai was built overnight with no input from it's consumers. They probably never use forums for research. You're right we're thinking bassackwards for asking some motorcyclist what they think of a certain kind of helmet. You know not everyone has the 500 to 700 dollars for a handcrafted Arai, I guess anyone who doesn't should be considered posers, unable to ride the roads on two wheels, unworthy to bow down before them.
This is a free site. Who the f()uk do you think you are? You expect everyone in the world to kiss your butt?

But thanks for the lengthy confession.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

savin, you should probably realize the "format" you used for your initial post smacks of SPAM similar to what we get here all the time.

Because you didn't actually attempt a lame and facetious attempt to "hide" your intentions, the post was left up and you were not banned. Ken was merely "prodding" you, in an attempt to see if you were "still alive".

Stick around, and lose the attitude. You might not get what you want, but you might get what you need here.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
savinpeoplepain
Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. didn't realize it looked like spam and I probably did get overly defensive after the first remark. My apologies to all and i'll watch how things are worded from now on. I truly am looking for reviews so that i know whether or not to drop the helmet brand. Nobody likes cheap junk least of all me, but savinscalp try's to carry quality products at affordable prices and we need the input so people aren't getting trash. Thank Airhawk for the explanation.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
vfabro
Registered Member

I bought a Hawk modular helmet on LeatherUp.com, and given all the 5-star reviews there I'll be surprised if my review doesn't get pulled from the site. But I thought I'd better warn people with my experience.
I bought 2 of these helmets last July, using 1 as my main helmet and another for the wife who's only rode with me a few times. This April, almost 9 months later, my helmet's flip-up joints stopped working correctly, so that the face shield won't stay up on its own (i.e. you flip it up and it falls right back down). Not a problem, since I had my wife's helmet. I used that for a couple of weeks, and then the bolt that holds the flip-up module to the helmet popped out -- stripped threads.
I called LeatherUp about this, and of course they have only a 30-day warranty. I asked if they had spare parts so I could repair it. They asked me to email them a detailed explanation of what's wrong, with pictures. So I removed the flip-up face shields from the helmets and was stunned by the dangerously flimsy construction. There are copper/brass bolts that hold the flip-up module to the helmet, and those screw into a nut inside the helmet that only has about 2 rows of threads to screw into; 3 of the 4 bolts on the 2 helmets had already pulled out of those threads! That same copper/brass bolt is a cylinder so that another bolt can screw into it. The threads inside the cylinder were almost entirely stripped on 3 of the 4 bolts! It's amazing that the flip-up module was still attached to either helmet! In addition, there's a plastic "arm" attached at the same bolt, and it has the stops that hold the flip-up module up when you raise it. The "arms" are made of extremely thin plastic, and (once again) 3 out of the 4 arms on the 2 helmets were broken! After seeing the construction of these helmets I am absolutely stunned that no one else has posted similar problems!
Now to be fair, the helmets are definitely cheap, but they're built so cheaply that I question their DOT certification. However on the positive side the helmets fit me very well and were surprisingly quiet. But I now have no confidence whatsoever in the Hawk line of helmets, particularly the modular ones.
vfabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
jcddefreese
Registered Member

I recently bought the Hawk full face helmet H6180 from Leatherup.com. It fit well and was comfortable. Yesterday, the triangular vent lever right below the visor popped off. the helmet has not been dropped/banged,etc. I called Leatherup and the Customer Service people told me you can easily pop it back in. They are suppose to call me back to walk me through that b/c I've spent about 30 minutes trying to do that very same thing - pop it back in. It has been right around 30 days. We will see if they honor the warranty - but I would say this is a defect and they should "fix" it.
jcddefreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
moonsinger
Registered Member

Wanted to say thanks for the info. I'm looking for a helmet for my husband for Christmas. He used to drag race a Kawasaki 900 and is now working on reverting his old bike for street use. He mentioned Snell and I used that term in my Amazon search. A Hawk helmet popped up and it states clearly that this hemet ($79.95) is Snell approved. Being a suspicious sort, and rather fond of my husbands skull, I am doing more research. SMF.org, the official Snell website, has a comprehensive list of helmets that meet their standards . . . Hawk is NOWHERE on that list. I'm a little pissed that the seller, leatherup.com, would list this helemt as Snell approved when it's not.
moonsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

You get what you pay for. $10 dollar helmet $10 dollar head. Like to see what the reviews say about it holding up in a crash. Anyone crashed one lately?