Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Multimedia > Motorcycle Pictures

Old 08-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
nbishop66
Registered Member

Default Stock HP

Stock HP is about 64. S&S 96 puts about 94 to the wheel with a carb with 96 ft/lbs of torque. S&S 113 puts about 124 hp to the wheel with a carb.

I'm not a big fan of Harleys lame attempt to make a "Big Inch" motor. My mildly modified EVO 80 is making 80 HP.

Some better exhaust would have given you some more HP. Those are pretty, but not the best for generating HP.

As far as HP being meaningless, I don't know about that. I think it's just been ingrained in everyone’s heads over the years since Harleys typically don’t produce much HP, but produce decent torque that that’s the way is should be. Not true, a good balance of HP and torque is the way to go, like the S&S Motors. But they are typically built with better components in order to handle the extra power.

Norm

Last edited by nbishop66 : 08-06-2008 at 07:31 AM.
nbishop66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
beldan
Registered Member

where did you find your braquet for you side licence plate
beldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by amejorado View Post
Pics of my new bike here are some of the add ons. Starting with the motor,I had the 103 big bore stageII kit installed.with SE race tuner,Heavy breather air intake,vance&hines big radius slash cut turn down pipes,I then move the license plate to the left side.It looked like **** on the back fender.Then added from the cw model the luggage rack and passager seat and back rest,if your married your going to need this.added 16" ape hangers with smoked billet turn signals,all braided cabels,all flamed grips and pegs,brake,shift,ect.smoked sport windsheild. well thats about it for now I like it.
But could some one tell me what a stock 96"is putting out for HP,mine now is at like 84 hp and 103 tourqe I would think it should be more but this is what showed up on the dyno. Dont get me wrong it runs great but I want as much as I can get.
Nice bike, but if its hp your looking for, you may have to pay an arm and a leg to get it. Stock Harleys arent typically known for hp but stock should be around 60-65hp at the tire. Although the more you want the more you pay,with Harley.

Love when I see the husband buy a Japanese cruiser for the wife, at a smaller displacment, that ends up smoking his bigger displacment Harley. Although tourque numbers are nothing to laugh at they are not everything. So many people talk tourque, its how you let it grab the ground that really counts.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
beldan
Registered Member

i would like know how you fix your side licence plate i can't find any braquet and can you take a picture then i can see.
beldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beldan View Post
i would like know how you fix your side licence plate i can't find any braquet and can you take a picture then i can see.
Why not just fabricate something on your own, Home depot has a hardware section with alot of metal and aluminum stock. Spent $8.00 for my licences plate braket and still have some left over.