Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Pictures (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-pictures/)
-   -   The Sarge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-pictures/16083-sarge.html)

gatling 08-15-2010 10:41 AM

The Sarge

Check out this photo of the latest California Scooter custom, the Sarge...

mscuddy 08-17-2010 12:54 PM

Nice looking scoot.

Kinda looks like my '55 Cushman Military Eagle. You know, a flat head B&S hooked up to a two speed sliding gear transmission with a primary belt, along with a foot clutch and a tank shift on the left side would do wonders for your scooter. I'll scan a couple of pics of my Cushman Eagles & the Airborne (complete with sidecar and rifle scabbards) and shoot 'em off to you. Might get some good ideas.

Nice shot of Osborne Canyon too.

sarnali2 08-17-2010 12:58 PM

When are you guys from California going to just accept the fact that you're all flaming homo's and get over it?

If you want a scooter then buy a Vespa, painting that thing green and giving it a butch name isn't going to lower the gay factor by one sweaty inch....

seruzawa 08-17-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 247742)
When are you guys from California going to just accept the fact that you're all flaming homo's and get over it?

If you want a scooter then buy a Vespa, painting that thing green and giving it a butch name isn't going to lower the gay factor by one sweaty inch....

Actually the California Scooter is cribbed off the old 50's Mustang. My Uncle had one. It was the first bike I got a ride on. My Uncle was in the USMC and fought at Pelieu. Are you calling my war hero Uncle a flaming homo? Danged Rubbie!

pushrod 08-17-2010 01:35 PM

I'd put .50BMG cans on it. You can't get diddly in those dinky boxes!

Otherwise, a cute scoot.

I like the 'old' Tiger better.

sarnali2 08-17-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 247743)
Actually the California Scooter is cribbed off the old 50's Mustang. My Uncle had one. It was the first bike I got a ride on. My Uncle was in the USMC and fought at Pelieu. Are you calling my war hero Uncle a flaming homo? Danged Rubbie!

Well, not your uncle then or Lee Marvin but the rest of you pansies......

gatling 08-17-2010 08:21 PM

I don't know how to begin to respond to the homophobic comments above. So I'll ignore them.

The ammo cans actually are .50 BMG ammo cans. They work pretty well.

The California Scooter's style is based on the Mustang motorcycle manufactured in Glendale in the 1940s/50s/60s (not the Cushman). The president of our company (who also owns Pro-One Performance, a custom V-twin manufacturer) bought a '53 Mustang to restore and decided it would actually be easier to create a new one. We've been in production with the California Scooters about 8 months. They are selling well.

Check out the Cal Scooter blog at CSC Blog - The Voice of California Scooter Company to learn more about these scooters. We have a bike with a sidecar; photos of it are on the blog.

seruzawa 08-18-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 247747)
I'd put .50BMG cans on it. You can't get diddly in those dinky boxes!

Otherwise, a cute scoot.

I like the 'old' Tiger better.

Are you thinking of 20mm ammo cans? Those would go great on a GS or KLR. They'd also look a lot like those $1000 per pair boxes that people are shelling out for. Not bad to have cans that are comparable to $1K cans for only about $50.

pushrod 08-18-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 247779)
Are you thinking of 20mm ammo cans? Those would go great on a GS or KLR. They'd also look a lot like those $1000 per pair boxes that people are shelling out for. Not bad to have cans that are comparable to $1K cans for only about $50.

I guess so. The scale of the picture is hard to determine. I was thinking they were small-arms (.30 or less) cans.

I think they'd fit the bike better. You'd have to crimp the latches on the outside so the lids would hang on the sides when you were in them.

I'd powdercoat them first, inside and out. They tend to rust.

The next variant of the bike should be 'Corpsman!' Same bike, but white. With red crosses on the boxes.

pplassm 08-18-2010 07:22 AM

I still think the footpegs are too far forward.