Cool

Very nice, and yeah like the Mag rims.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #92
YellowDuck
Founding Member

Not as cool as my period Wayfarer sunglasses though, you have to admit!

That 1150 is still the bike that has the fondest memories for me. Previous owner had bored it out to who knows what, and it went like a trian (cornered like one too, unfortunately). I was always just a tiny bit afraid of it, but that was part of its charm. I used it as a sport touer on occasion - that photo was taken on Prince Edward Island - long way from Toronto where I was living. Poor beastie overheated pretty bad on the way back from that trip, sitting in a summer vacation traffic jam in Vermont.

Last edited by YellowDuck : 02-27-2009 at 08:21 AM.
YellowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #93
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
Not as cool as my period Wayfarer sunglasses though, you have to admit!

That 1150 is still the bike that has the fondest memories for me. Previous owner had bored it out to who knows what, and it went like a trian (cornered like one too, unfortunately). I was always just a tiny bit afraid of it, but that was part of its charm. I used it as a sport touer on occasion - that photo was taken on Prince Edward Island - long way from Toronto where I was living. Poor beastie overheated pretty bad on the way back from that trip, sitting in a summer vacation traffic jam in Vermont.
When I first started wrenching the shop I started at there were a couple techs that raced that bike. This was around 91 and I couldnt believe they raced such a monster of a bike. I always wondered how the heck they got any ground clearance with those oldies. They didnt, they would just grind everything off or down to a nub, putting holes in pipes and sharpening the pegs. Remember always thinking how the hell,....
Old 03-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #94
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default me & my hog

This is me and my Harley 45 when I was 15 (194... It replaced my Whizzer. The suicide clutch and hand shift was fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tom-45-small.jpg (4.0 KB, 53 views)
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #95
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Mag wheels?

Quote:
Second bike - 1987(?) GS1150EF. Check out the mag wheels.

The pic is pretty small but I betcha' a toonie that those are spun aluminum Performance Machine "Chicane" wheels.

Am I right?
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #96
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Suzuki GS850G

Quote:
First Bike 1982 GS850G

Sweet ride! I had a 1979 GS850G which I purchased new in '79 when they were introduced. My wife and I rode it from Regina to Niagara Falls on our honeymoon in 1981. What a great bike!
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #97
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I will not argue that the Harleys do hold that much of the market. I remember in Hawaii when we'd have Toys for Tot runs thinking every year we were going to out number all the Harleys with your sport bikes, which turned out to be a fallacy. After a year or so we figured out alot of them where coming from the outer islands. Probably 10 Harleys to every 5 sportbikes.
Funny you should say that. There's a lot of faults to be found with HDs and the HD crowd, but go to a Bike Night, Tory Run, rally, whatever, and there will be more HDs than anything else. And around here you'll see as many HDs riding around day to day as the rest of them combine.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #98
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Iam not so sure about that? Guess it depends on where your at. The biggest Bike night on our side is Quaker steak and Lube and the sportbikes do out number the Harelys but not by much, 2500 or so ever wed night. Total.

Boy you sure dug that one up?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #99
YellowDuck
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWolf View Post
The pic is pretty small but I betcha' a toonie that those are spun aluminum Performance Machine "Chicane" wheels.

Am I right?
I wish knew. The previous owner installed them. I always suspected they were worth as much as the bike when I bought it.

What year is that gixxer in your avitar? Is it a 750 or 1100? I would LOVE to have an old dual headlight gixxer, because those were the real hot rides when I was just getting into motorcycling. Not necessarily the first series though - my favourite is the one year of the 1100 that had the dual round headlights, but also the inverted forks - '90 or '91, can't quite remember. And of course it would have to be blue and white.

The 1985 GSXR750 is eligible for vintage racing next year....
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #100
YellowDuck
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWolf View Post
Sweet ride! I had a 1979 GS850G which I purchased new in '79 when they were introduced. My wife and I rode it from Regina to Niagara Falls on our honeymoon in 1981. What a great bike!
Whew, quite a jaunt! Did you take the trans-Canada over the lakes? That would be an adventure for sure.

But yes, it was a fabulous bike for long distances. Someone should reverse engineer the saddle from that bike, because I have yet to experience one that is more comfortable. I was always the iron butt champion amongst my riding buddies.