Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Multimedia > Motorcycle Pictures

Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #31
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=sarnali2;201847]That's why it's elite,...

I hate to use a tired cliche` but if you have to ask you wouldn't understand.......

Anyone can buy a stock bike & ride the phuk out of it./QUOTE]

To your first statement:
I believe what your trying to repeat is, "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand"...

And to that I say,...If I have to explain it too you, you wouldn't beable to keep up!

To your second statment:
Define, "ride the phuk out of it" is this just indicated in miles, or actual hard riding, real riding you know scrapin pegs, slidin the tires, drifting both?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #32
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
is this just indicated in miles, or actual hard riding, real riding you know scrapin pegs, slidin the tires, drifting both?
-Yes.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #33
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I will go through the whole mess one day here. Taking lots of pictures and keeping track of all the crap that goes with this kind of stuff. I guess I should just pay somebody to do all the work and post up a picture when it's done, then MOKE will be all proud of me.
As long as you take it to the track...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #34
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
1944 80 inch flathead wheels. They had 6 thou runout on the left and 8 thou on the right. They were dissasembled, checked all bearing surfaces, and reassembled and trued.

Got lots more pics of the Knuck rebuild and it's my hands getting dirty.
Love the Trib on the floor. It's like a Proof of Life photo of the Knuck. It may not be healthy, but it's still alive!
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #35
rickdroth
Registered Member

Well - I bought the VTX 1800F rode it for a year and met a bike builder in Chicago Area.. Shawn Henderson
Shawn is the metal twister and fabricator he gets all the credit.
I spent hours of time helping put it back together, but cannot take credit for more than buying all the parts and helping assemble the pieces. (I;m better with Computers)

It is a nice looking ride not comfortable for long rides - I only put about 4000 miles on it last summer. I like the Rune more for long rides.
The Spyder belongs to the wife.

Shawn does great work - most of his bikes are in V Twin Magazine.
Shawn does work on Metrics and American.
His Email is: TWISTEDMETRICMETAL@YAHOO.com
rickdroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 AM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Besides like I'v said before compairitvly speaking you'd all look like a bunch of girly bikers standing next to Steve McQueen, we all would? Why should we judge the next guy you dont even really know? Jezz.
You need to get off of your high horse. No one is "judging" this guy. It's just a discussion of the various merits of building vs buying custom bikes.

Don't you feel as little prouder when you do your own bike mods and they work out? I do. It's a better feeling than having someone else do all the planning.

Aren't you the guy who makes fun of all the cruiser riders? And anyone who doesn't (can't) spend time on the track?

Pot meet kettle.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:32 AM   #37
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You need to get off of your high horse. No one is "judging" this guy. It's just a discussion of the various merits of building vs buying custom bikes.

Don't you feel as little prouder when you do your own bike mods and they work out? I do. It's a better feeling than having someone else do all the planning.

Aren't you the guy who makes fun of all the cruiser riders? And anyone who doesn't (can't) spend time on the track?

Pot meet kettle.

"Yeah sure no judgmental comments at all in here, ever".
Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #38
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

Pot meet kettle.

"Yeah sure no judgmental comments at all in here, ever".

Sure I do, but I dont judge others and make snide comments
just because they may not have done all the planning? Who cares. I usually reserve that opinion on how well they ride.

Only the ones who judge others cause they think they are above ever one else?...Sound familiar. Besides all were talking about is a little sincerity and not so judgmental.

Seruzawa, meet your mirror.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #39
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
I will go through the whole mess one day here. Taking lots of pictures and keeping track of all the crap that goes with this kind of stuff. I guess I should just pay somebody to do all the work and post up a picture when it's done, then MOKE will be all proud of me.

HEY NOW, Iam down for the guy who builds the bike himself, it's all the nasty comment's because the guy may not have built it himself, thats what I dont care for. Besides I'll never be proud of you until you hit a trackday, like BB stated, with pics!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #40
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
I was doing this shyt when you were in diapers. To me, there isn't much pride in buying a bike that somebody else built and being all proud of it. Not much to be proud of there. Pride is in learning, struggling, bleeding, and having some fun along the way.
HEY AGREED! Now can we agree on the part were you judge people becuase they didnt build it?