Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Multimedia > Motorcycle Pictures

Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Cars ain't no challenge. Nor fun neither.

I've had some memorable rides in the rain! One over Swauk Pass in late March comes to mind -- man that was wet. Cold too, but fun!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
HOLLY FROSTBITE BATMAN? You aint scared, are ya. My blood must be too thin, cause I would'nt even attempt it. You'd have to gear me up with an electrical outlet to every part of my friggin body, then and only then,... maybe?

I didnt ride the other day and it was only 62degrees!
Riding a GL1100 with a Vetter fairing and the standard GL foot warmers make it not especially unpleasant. I have lots of nice warm snowmobile gear after all. As soon as the chances of black ice arise rest assured the GL will be parked in the garage.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

This was a completely motorcycle free Thanksgiving for me, which is unusual, because in previous years the extended weekend was always a good chance to ride the 200 miles to Mom's and bum around Central Florida; riding on something other than dead level straight roads. This year, I took my kid on his first big camp out; it was pretty civilized though with showers and even electrical outlets at the campsites. But the campfires and canoes made it fun, and we both walked more than we do in 3 typical months. We went to a place called Tomoka State Park; it's about 15 miles from Daytona's Main St., and is a long-term favorite for the Bike Week camping crowd. Tomoka is a completely untouched Live Oak Forest; it became a park 60 years ago. It's hard to imagine such an untouched, natural place being home base for a bunch of hard-partying bikers, but there is is. Man, I'd hate to see what happens when those dirt roads get rained out and a 700 lb. Ultra Glider has to ride into camp at 4 am with a serious buzz on. "The Loop," which is the most popular scenic ride in the area, runs along and through the park for quite a few miles. We'd be enjoying the quite and calm and then some dope would ride by winding out every gear, and/or slapping the throttle shut to get the reversion noise. You could hear it literally for miles and miles. I've completely lost patience with drag pipes and their ilk; and wonder what the **** I was thinking when I had them on my bike. It's too lound...I must be too old...

Daytona looks like it's ready to toss Bike Week out on it's ear like Ft. Lauderdale did with Spring Break what, in the 80's? All the old cheezy hotels that rent for $50-$60 a night are being torn down ASAP and being replaced with condos, time shares, and snazzy resorts. The intersection of International Drive and A1A seems like they're going for a surf resort look. The ride West on Int'l Dr. toward the track was an endless stream of closed custom bike shops and shuttered wing jonts. I suspect Bruce Rossmeyer's Evil Plan for World Domination with "Destination Daytona" will work: what remains of Bike Week will center around his Disneyesque Bikey Mouse World out west of Ormond Beach and become the epicenter of the party crowd; Main Street will get rebuilt into Tommy Bahama and Polo stores, and the Daytona 200 will become a serious Tee Vee Revenue event. It's been a good run I suppose; longer than most things of that type get.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm sure you'll look natty in your TB shirt on that VStrom.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
This was a completely motorcycle free Thanksgiving for me, which is unusual, because in previous years the extended weekend was always a good chance to ride the 200 miles to Mom's and bum around Central Florida; riding on something other than dead level straight roads. This year, I took my kid on his first big camp out; it was pretty civilized though with showers and even electrical outlets at the campsites. But the campfires and canoes made it fun, and we both walked more than we do in 3 typical months. We went to a place called Tomoka State Park; it's about 15 miles from Daytona's Main St., and is a long-term favorite for the Bike Week camping crowd. Tomoka is a completely untouched Live Oak Forest; it became a park 60 years ago. It's hard to imagine such an untouched, natural place being home base for a bunch of hard-partying bikers, but there is is. Man, I'd hate to see what happens when those dirt roads get rained out and a 700 lb. Ultra Glider has to ride into camp at 4 am with a serious buzz on. "The Loop," which is the most popular scenic ride in the area, runs along and through the park for quite a few miles. We'd be enjoying the quite and calm and then some dope would ride by winding out every gear, and/or slapping the throttle shut to get the reversion noise. You could hear it literally for miles and miles. I've completely lost patience with drag pipes and their ilk; and wonder what the **** I was thinking when I had them on my bike. It's too lound...I must be too old...

Daytona looks like it's ready to toss Bike Week out on it's ear like Ft. Lauderdale did with Spring Break what, in the 80's? All the old cheezy hotels that rent for $50-$60 a night are being torn down ASAP and being replaced with condos, time shares, and snazzy resorts. The intersection of International Drive and A1A seems like they're going for a surf resort look. The ride West on Int'l Dr. toward the track was an endless stream of closed custom bike shops and shuttered wing jonts. I suspect Bruce Rossmeyer's Evil Plan for World Domination with "Destination Daytona" will work: what remains of Bike Week will center around his Disneyesque Bikey Mouse World out west of Ormond Beach and become the epicenter of the party crowd; Main Street will get rebuilt into Tommy Bahama and Polo stores, and the Daytona 200 will become a serious Tee Vee Revenue event. It's been a good run I suppose; longer than most things of that type get.
Ummm, Ken? If there are electric outlets then it's not really camping.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Ummm, Ken? If there are electric outlets then it's not really camping.

I dunno'....when we go camping it's @ KOA with showers, bathrooms and a pool...my ol'lady brings her hairdryer! at least we still sleep in a tent.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I dunno'....when we go camping it's @ KOA with showers, bathrooms and a pool...my ol'lady brings her hairdryer! at least we still sleep in a tent.
If it's less than 4 stars it's camping.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You're all smegging poofters.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You're all smegging poofters.
LIke Carlos Mencia said: "Do you white people have so much money that you have to go out and act poor for a week?"
Old 11-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Sometimes we take the 19in TV WITHOUT the DVD player and REALLY rough it !!!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote