Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Parts Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-parts-wanted/)
-   -   Need a seat (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-parts-wanted/8110-need-seat.html)

pushrod 05-13-2008 06:20 PM

Kirk, I was just over to Sargent Cycle Products (Aftermarket Motorcycle Seat Aftermarket Custom Seats Aftermarket Custom Motorcycle Seats Aftermarket Mustang Seats) this afternoon. I am looking to replace the Triumph Gel Seat on my Sprint ST. I brought the seat over here to JAX with me from home, and took it over to the shop to do an A-B comparison. Mostly to make sure they have the asspocket in the same place as the Triumph seat.

Anyway, they have a bunch of seats, a lot of them for BMWs.

Check them out!

sarnali2 05-13-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 184936)
Just joined the site and asked the question. We'll see. Thanks- Kirk

I'm on Sport-Touring.Net as stevent, it's a pretty good site when there's nothing happening here.

tripleripple 05-13-2008 09:55 PM

Wait....

What? Another forum....???? BASTARD!!!!! You cheating, lying, sniveling, two-timing *****! stevent? It's like you live a whole different life.
Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain? Yeah, right, more like spending time with your second family. I can't even look at you.

sarnali2 05-14-2008 08:23 AM

Oh..um...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleripple (Post 184981)
Wait....

What? Another forum....???? BASTARD!!!!! You cheating, lying, sniveling, two-timing *****! stevent? It's like you live a whole different life.
Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain? Yeah, right, more like spending time with your second family. I can't even look at you.

Did I say I was on there?????? no...um I mean my...um.. cousin was on there...the little backstabber.. heh heh heh
You guys know I'D never go somewhere else..heh heh heh ...right fellah's???...heh heh

12er 05-14-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 184967)
Kirk, I was just over to Sargent Cycle Products (Aftermarket Motorcycle Seat Aftermarket Custom Seats Aftermarket Custom Motorcycle Seats Aftermarket Mustang Seats) this afternoon. I am looking to replace the Triumph Gel Seat on my Sprint ST. I brought the seat over here to JAX with me from home, and took it over to the shop to do an A-B comparison. Mostly to make sure they have the asspocket in the same place as the Triumph seat.

Anyway, they have a bunch of seats, a lot of them for BMWs.

Check them out!

I love my Sargent, and so does my wife for that matter. Unlike Corbin Sargent maintains the height adjustment and doesnt carve even more foam out on my particular model. If I went Cobin I would of lost 3 inches of leg room and at 6'6" I need 3 more, not less. It was well worth the spendy $500 bill.

As for rebuilt option I have had many O upholstry shop rebuild seats over the years. Like Sachi said, most of the time you can stand there and instruct them exactly how to shape the seat. Or add different foam layers, little memory foam on top? Either way, Friends dont let friends ride on stock seats.

acecycleins 05-14-2008 11:29 AM

Thanks y'all. I found two guys local and sent pics and descriptions of needs to both and they will be in touch. I got Corbin down $100 to $250 plus the $25 ship-back fee- btw.