Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycle Parts Wanted

Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
suprdave
Registered Member

Default Magna Restore

Here's a website I referred to often. You'll find all kinds of info of your Magna here. The Compleat® SabMag Links
Dave
------------------------------------
Used Motorcycle Parts - Search top motorcycle salvage yards
suprdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
mikegoiri
Registered Member

Default 1982 honda magna

Hi, I've bought recently a 1982 honda magna and a couple of days ago I messed up cleaning the gas tank since it had a lot of rust. After cleaning it and drying it with an industrial drier, I started reassembling the gas tank, snugging clamps etc and I made the big mistake of not putting a lot of pressure between the gas tank and the gas hose that connects to the reserve tank. Consequently, it started leaking gas, did not notice a the moment, and when I finally though that I had it ready, I hit the start button. A second afterwards, the bike was dead, and I started regretting doing this overhauling since there's not too many sunny days left before the chilly winter.
Going to the point, after this mess, when I turn the switch on, the lights and everything is ok, but the starter doesn't work. I took it out, and it's ok, and I know I should of started with the fuses (it's all about messing up and learning, next time first things first). Well, right now, I got the selenoid, and there's no continuity, maybe this component is the one that has been fried since it's the one that came into contact with the gas leakage.
Well, I would appreciate very much any input into this current mess that I've got into, nevertheless, safe riding and peace!!
mikegoiri is offline   Reply With Quote