Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
TCUM
Registered Member

Talking SC Circumnavigated

This was a truly beautiful ride. 805mi! I fired up my 2008 Kaw Concours and started out here in Denmark this past Saturday at 9:15am. I went to Allendale (Hwy 321), then to Beaufort. I found back roads that were beautiful. I found Hwy 17 & went to Charleston for an early lunch, then on to North Myrtle Beach, made a left on Hwy 9 & proceeded to Lancaster for dinner at Captain Pete's. They have great salt/pepper catfish! As it was getting dark, I mounted up and decided to spend the night in Greenville. If I knew I was SO close, I would have spent the night home. I was glad the next morning. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Thank you Jennifer (fellow Concours owner) for riding to meet me in Modoc then to and around Augusta. From there I took Hwy 278 back to Allendale and Hwy 321 home. I had a couple of leisure stops like finding town with my last name, Bristow! It was exhilarating! It was very sad to see the effects of the drought in the area of Modoc. I saw a river dried, grass growing and only a trickle of water left.

I encountered a sign that made me stop & hold up traffic. lol! It showed North going left and right. South was supposed to go left ALSO! lol!

I can't wait to do it again in the Spring! This time, I will leave Lancaster and head to Rock Hill/York and go above Spartanburg and Greenville to the top of the state and enjoy some twisties! I plan to see Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Gaffney, spending the night in Chesnee. The next day i will venture to Cleveland, Salem, Clemson, to Anderson to take Hwy 81 to Hwy 28 to continue where I went this weekend. I hope that I can enlist the company of a few of you in 2009!

Ride long. Ride Hard. Ride SAFE!
TCUM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUM View Post
This was a truly beautiful ride. 805mi! I fired up my 2008 Kaw Concours and started out here in Denmark this past Saturday at .....
And then rode to South Carolina? Concours do walk on water!

Well, the Concours IS part of the MO Holy Trinity.