Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default GPS system offers 'Bike Down' option

Original Article:
GPS system offers 'Bike Down' option

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article GPS system offers 'Bike Down' option in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by seruzawa : 10-21-2008 at 05:14 AM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Does anyone else see the fallacy of putting something like this on a dirt bike? LOL!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 AM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I'd like one that locks on to the a hole who just ran you over, and hits 'em with a sidewinder, or sparrow missle.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
I'd like one that locks on to the a hole who just ran you over, and hits 'em with a sidewinder, or sparrow missle.
I think a compact version of a chain gun would be great on a bike. You could wear it like a back pack and have the barrel mounted over your shoulder like the first Predator movie. A small HUD in the top quarter of your visor would give you look down/shoot down capabilities, a small power pack could spin the barrels and AP .22 Magnums would keep the weight down while still giving good penetration with the lighter weight body panels on todays cages.

Probably want to wear ear plugs.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yes, like that .22 long rifle machine gun they have at prisons that is about 1200 rounds per minute and can hammer through a 1/2 inch steel door. Twenty two rounds are the next urban assault round, you can carry thousands, and a 10/22 Ruger equipped with a 50 round drum clip (Mitchel) and an electric motor hooked up to a cam operating the trigger, with a make-break switch on the stock, and you've got rock 'n roll on the cheap. Not unlike a CAR15 with a drop in auto-sear...oops, I didn't say that...
Old 10-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Big Brother is Watching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
There was a pretty interesting case here in Florida regarding OnStar. A high-school student was suspected of having vandalized his school by doing donuts in his parents SUV on the football field. The cops got the vehicle's OnStar logs and used them to succesfully establish that the student had done the deed. Pretty scary stuff...
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I think a compact version of a chain gun would be great on a bike. You could wear it like a back pack and have the barrel mounted over your shoulder like the first Predator movie. A small HUD in the top quarter of your visor would give you look down/shoot down capabilities, a small power pack could spin the barrels and AP .22 Magnums would keep the weight down while still giving good penetration with the lighter weight body panels on todays cages.

Probably want to wear ear plugs.......
Twin FN-FALs with 100 rd mags would be easier to mount and cheaper and would give better target coverage. Since we are dealing today's thin skinned cars and light trucks, alternating .308 AP and tracer ammo would easily shred BMW325i's (the most likely target these days). The tracers would usually eliminate the need for further mopping up. However in the case of any needed mopping up I recommend dismounting and finishing the job with the Handi-Dandi GIVI Flamethrower case (pressurized with nitrogen and holds 4 gals of napalm). You could mount two Handi-Dandi cases for the odd Cadillac, Hummer or Ford F250/350 offender.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
There was a pretty interesting case here in Florida regarding OnStar. A high-school student was suspected of having vandalized his school by doing donuts in his parents SUV on the football field. The cops got the vehicle's OnStar logs and used them to succesfully establish that the student had done the deed. Pretty scary stuff...
That is a concern, however Britain has more cameras than people now and the police are so busy sitting and trying to monitor the cameras that they have been less effective at actually arresting anyone than ever before. But that probably won't happen here. The Donut Lobby is too powerful. Big Donut!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Where did I read that in public housing in Ol' Blighty residents are forced to keep their "sheds" (garages) unlocked so when the crooks steal everything inside, they don't damage the door trying to break in.

I'd say the sun has set on England.