Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Mladin wins AMA Superbike finale

Original Article:
Mladin wins AMA Superbike finale

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Mladin wins AMA Superbike finale in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by administrator : 10-02-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

So would he have won the championship without his DQ's?
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
So would he have won the championship without his DQ's?
No. It would have been a few points short of that.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
No. It would have been a few points short of that.
Thank god he didnt win! I think all the non Americans need to stay in their own country. Then maybe they their series would start earning them more money, instead of racing here.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Thank god he didnt win! I think all the non Americans need to stay in their own country. Then maybe they their series would start earning them more money, instead of racing here.
There are people in Europe that say the same about the US.............

Like what Nobel "Judge" Horace Engdahl said about American Authors:

Nobel judge attacks 'ignorant' US literature | Books | guardian.co.uk

I submit that this pompous Ass has never been outside his own tiny country, and most-certainly never been to the US. Of course, with an attitude like that he probably feels that he doesn't have to journey to America to make this Judgement, nor read anything by American authors..........

"Of course there is powerful literature in all big cultures, but you can't get away from the fact that Europe still is the centre of the literary world ... "

Sounds almost like the typical elitist view of your everyday Democrat.

cruiz-euro, he a relative of yours?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 10-02-2008 at 01:32 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
There are people in Europe that say the same about the US.............

Like what Nobel "Judge" Horace Engdahl said about American Authors:

Nobel judge attacks 'ignorant' US literature | Books | guardian.co.uk

I submit that this pompous Ass has never been outside his own tiny country, and most-certainly never been to the US. Of course, with an attitude like that he probably feels that he doesn't have to journey to America to make this Judgement, nor read anything by American authors..........

"Of course there is powerful literature in all big cultures, but you can't get away from the fact that Europe still is the centre of the literary world ... "

Sounds almost like the typical elitist view of your everyday Democrat.

cruiz-euro, he a relative of yours?
In my travels in Asia I was constantly struck by the "we are the superior people" attitude of every single nation. No matter how terrible the country was each was the center of the universe with a superior race. Go figure. Myself, I wouldn't think that a superior culture would tolerate a 50% infant mortality rate, but what do I know?

Last edited by seruzawa : 10-02-2008 at 04:30 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
In my travels in Asia I was constantly struck by the "we are the superior people" attitude of every single nation. No matter how terrible the country was each was the center of the universe with a superior race. Go figure. Myself, I wouldn't think that a superior culture would tolerate a 50% infant mortality rate, but what do I know?
Well, the guy speaks like 7 languages fluently, I've only managed to wrap my brain around 4 (including English), and only two of THOSE have I ever managed to pull a full-on conversation out with 'em.

Some might even be dubious about my claim to fluency in English...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:21 AM   #8
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Quote:
Wow, a real life xenophobe, I thought you guys were all extinct.

Still American racing should pick up with the imminent return of Americans from other racing series in the world including;
Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, John Hopkins (although he's half English, so can he race here in only half the races or with half the horsepower?), Jason Pridmore, Josh Hayes, Ben Spies.

It'll be a pretty substantial list. or you could just get used to the fact that including foreign racers in US series makes them more interesting and raises the level of competition.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:35 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
I think you got it backwards. He left Australia because they couldn't or wouldn't pay like the AMA does. If they want the good racers to stay in Australia (or anywhere else) the answer is to pay more, not to exert some sort of regulatory fiat.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=HelterSkelter;195070]Wow, a real life xenophobe, I thought you guys were all extinct.[quote]

Listen bro I dont hate foriegners or am I scared of them, I just think we should give our boys a shot first, because its America, our country, whats so wrong about that?

You win your county first, then you move to a world class series. Instead of using our series cause yours sucks and doest pay.

The Canadian and British Superbike series has grow tremendously in the past 10yrs. Iam sure that Shakey's making alot more now than even 5yrs ago, why, because hes one of the popular riders whos made it grow by his presents.

Apparently again I didnt explain myself well. Iam only compairing NON world class series such as Austrailian Superbike, Canadian Superbike, British Superbike,...how many Americans comparatively speaking race in those seires,...brainy-ack?

Obviously at a World level everyone is a Foriegner.

So from what I'v stated lets see your list of Americans racing in those seires,..........think hard now. I assure you we have more foriegners here than we have their.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 10-03-2008 at 07:44 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote