Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default AMA explains Mladin ruling

Original Article:
AMA explains Mladin ruling
AMA explains Mladin ruling

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article AMA explains Mladin ruling in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 09-10-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"You see, I wasn't really running running, but it was just like my feet were moving real fast..."
Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
rapier
Founding Member

Rules are rules.
Mladin didn't win because of this crank so why in the hell did the team use it? That's the real stinker in this. The cheating served no purpose. Mladin or Spies were going to win anyway. They always do.

It's a damn shame Mladin takes the hit for this. In a perfect world I would fine the team, giving the money to charity, a really large sum of money and let Mladin keep the points.
rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

"Cheating" is, well..... cheating. And Life goes on.

Naught to be done about any of it.

Have I neglected to tell you all lately that Firefox SUCKS ?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Have I neglected to tell you all lately that Firefox SUCKS ?
I'm still very confused at that. Usually people b!tch about Explorer and talk up how great Firefox is. I am on Explorer 90% of the time, but I have Firefox and Safari installed for testing purposes. They all seem to run fine for me. AND I'm running Vista, which everyone complains about also. But that runs fine for me, too.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I'm still very confused at that. Usually people b!tch about Explorer and talk up how great Firefox is. I am on Explorer 90% of the time, but I have Firefox and Safari installed for testing purposes. They all seem to run fine for me. AND I'm running Vista, which everyone complains about also. But that runs fine for me, too.
Firefox runs fine for me. In fact everything runs fine for me, except the usual Microslop crap-products. This is because my cause is just, my heart is pure and I use an AMD DualCore processor. None of that crappy Intel junk made of recycled Chinese substrate......
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

What SUCKS about it is, it's always attempting to "guess" at what I want to do - the particular machine I'm on right now has IE 7 - I right-click on something, or highlight something (either to cut and paste, or for reading-clarity), it just brings up the option window, or just highlights what I drag the pointer over - on my other box (which I recently installed Ubuntu Linux - long story), Firefox just does something - ANYTHING, but what it SHOULD do - "Oh, you rightclicked on that link? You must want to save the target to your hard-drive! No? You must want to email the link to someone - I'll start up the email-client and attach it to a new email!

Oh, you just want to open it in a new tab.......... oh..... OK.......... if that's all that you want............ (you SURE you don't want to.....?)"

And website fonts? HAH! No matter what you set the display properties at - it just defaults to this sh!tty F'n font that's nearly illegible - my eyesight isn't the greatest in the world, but I F'n thought I was goin' BLIND the first few weeks I've had it. Persistent logins? Nope, never heard of 'em (although there are preferential settings to do so). Sign in every F'n time - even if you were JUST THERE A F'N MINUTE-AGO).

Don't get me started on F'n "Evolution Mail" Client, either. Read something, delete it from the inbox - it might just think you're sick of the entire thread and delete 20 of the next 60 messages along with that one (and not just that you're done reading that particular message, and feel no need to "archive" it). Forget adding nonstandard ASCII characters to an email via direct-coding (like GBP signs or, Yen, Or Euro). Don't work, no-way, no-how.

While MicroShaft products DO indeed suck, they do so in ways that don't interfere with the day-to-day "operation" of my web-surfing or email-communications. I was a Beta-Tester for IE7 - I had tried Firefox just before then (because I was sick and tired of IE6 crashing constantly), but had these SAME F'N PROBLEMS with that version of Firefox (only ported to win XP). I was about to try something different, when I got the offer to upgrade IE. "Eh, nuttin' to lose" I thought to myself - so I went for it - and was immediately struck by how similar IE 7 was to Firefox - only without the font and useability stumbling-blocks. One of the few things MS got right - but they had to steal the root-idea from someone else.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

When I install a new OS I install Firefox right away after the first time Windows runs and I make it the default browser. It's just never caused trouble and is far less prone to pull in malware. I also run Symantec's latest AV and Spybot prevention/scanning. My computer stays clean and free of crap. Before I took those precautions my computer would load up with memory eating crud from the web every day.

Spybot is free. OTOH free AV programs are crap.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

AMA's explaination to Mladin:

SCREW YOU!!! You tried to pull a fast one on the crank thing and you got BUSTED!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

for anyone paying attention, it's obvious why he cheated. The greatest rider that ever lived just wasn't as fast as Spies given the same bike and same effort. Maldin's ego got in the way of the rules.