Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 08-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Mladin victory awaits inspection

Original Article:
Mladin victory awaits inspection

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Mladin victory awaits inspection in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by sachiwilson : 08-18-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Fvcking cheater. I knew it. 8 yrs of total dominance and no one checks the fvcking crank. B@stards.
Now, really! After Yosh wins this little display you will once again see that Mat is that good. Silly thing is that after all these years the AMA is trying to make it look like tech inspections work. Dummies!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Repost.

What do you think would be better? Maybe Dyno runs before and after?
Not sure if they cheat but the amount of rescourses they have is a clear advantage over joe blow privateer.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Repost.

What do you think would be better? Maybe Dyno runs before and after?
Not sure if they cheat but the amount of rescourses they have is a clear advantage over joe blow privateer.

Yosh's technical advantage is insuperable. DMG had the right idea to bring the bikes back to a privateer's reality budget. BUT Yosh is correct in thinking that if you spend the money and stay within the rules then to he!! with everyone else.

MIC and the Corse teams want to start a rival series. Will it work? Who knows. Is everyone in? NO. Ducati and Yamaha want to try to come to an agreement on the DMG rules. Suzuki, Kawi and Honda can compete evenly on the World level, but in the AMA Yosh will not be beat- ever! Honda thinks it can compete as long as WSBK rules are used and are pushing (with Suzuki) to start a series using WSBK rules. Will it wreck American Superbike racing if three major players start their own series? I think that it would. Remember, the CART/Indy split nearly killed open-wheel racing. I wish the players would have agreed to the DMG proposals. Two years of participation would have told us if the new set-up for AMA would work or not. It was all about turning a sport that sees little fan invovlement into a series of weekend events that rival attendance numbers like those crazy Spaniards. Seeing 140k poeple at a track like Rd Atlanta or VIR would have been a trip.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"After Yosh wins this little display you will once again see that Mat is that good."

That good at what? Spies is going to GP. Mat is staying in Little League beating has-been's, never-was's, and never-will-be's. He's King Shyt of the nobodies, and acts like it every chance he gets.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"After Yosh wins this little display you will once again see that Mat is that good."

That good at what? Spies is going to GP. Mat is staying in Little League beating has-been's, never-was's, and never-will-be's. He's King Shyt of the nobodies, and acts like it every chance he gets.
You better not denigrate Matt the God-King! He might force you to buy and actually use AMA Superbike Season ticketssszzzzzzz........
Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The prime reason AMA racing sucks: Mat Mladin. He stayed here while he should have been racing against the top competition. That is what TRUE champions do. They test themselves against the best. Mat cherry picked for 8 years and wants us all to love and respect him. All he did was wreck a series that was on the ropes to begin with.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Go to superbikeplanet.com and read the article the Hodgeson just did.
Mat is here because NO ONE will match the salary he makes. He's not the reason racing sucks. Yosh has American Superbike Racing down to a science and Mat is on the right team. I don't really like the guy's attitude but you can't argue with the logic. He's making three times what he'd make on the WSBK grid. So is Ben. Ben's agent actually got a call from Xerox to ask "what would it take". Ben's demands are more than Bayliss makes and Bayliss is a "real" world champ.
Mat's a smug @ss! But it's not his ability to pilot a bike but the bike itself that makes the difference. Put Eric Bostrom on Mat and Ben's bikes and he'd kick everyones @sses, too.
I don't blame Mat for staying. Did he wimp out? Yep- I think so. But when the almighty dollar is involve you go where the green-backs are.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Mat is here because NO ONE will match the salary he makes. He's not the reason racing sucks. Yosh has American Superbike Racing down to a science and Mat is on the right team. I don't really like the guy's attitude but you can't argue with the logic. He's making three times what he'd make on the WSBK grid. So is Ben. Ben's agent actually got a call from Xerox to ask "what would it take". Ben's demands are more than Bayliss makes and Bayliss is a "real" world champ.
Mat's a smug @ss! But it's not his ability to pilot a bike but the bike itself that makes the difference. Put Eric Bostrom on Mat and Ben's bikes and he'd kick everyones @sses, too.
I don't blame Mat for staying. Did he wimp out? Yep- I think so. But when the almighty dollar is involve you go where the green-backs are.
We can argue reasons until we're blue in the face but whatever the cause, and Matt is part of it, AMA SBK sucks. It was the most boring racing series ever. Well, Superstock's the same. It's like watching Redneck Roundy-round with even less excitement. I doubt that there's anything the new promoters can do to make it worse.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post

Argue it any way you want. Watching him lap the field race after race and year after year made AMA racing suck. His refusal to attempt to become a real champion and his f*cked up attitude are two other reasons AMA racing sucks. And when the supposed top guy is nothing but a self-serving, pompous a$$hole, well that just puts icing on the cake. I don't need to go to any web site, read any artilces, or get advice from anyone as to why AMA racing sucks. I can figure all that out for myself, and I can easily point the finger at Mat. I'm glad he made all that money. He made AMA racing suck, period. So you say he lined his pockets and so everything is all right? I say it isn't.