Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Argue it any way you want. Watching him lap the field race after race and year after year made AMA racing suck. His refusal to attempt to become a real champion and his f*cked up attitude are two other reasons AMA racing sucks. And when the supposed top guy is nothing but a self-serving, pompous a$$hole, well that just puts icing on the cake. I don't need to go to any web site, read any artilces, or get advice from anyone as to why AMA racing sucks. I can figure all that out for myself, and I can easily point the finger at Mat. I'm glad he made all that money. He made AMA racing suck, period. So you say he lined his pockets and so everything is all right? I say it isn't.
I didn't say it was "alright". I said I understand the position. I'm as bored as everyone watching the ALL SUZUKI CUP. But reality is simple: Mat and Spies, along with Miguel and Hodgeson make more money racing here than they could anywhere else. If Mat wasn't racing the bike would it be less dominate? I believe the answer is NO. Tommy took half a year to figure it out but has his 22 bike up front with consistancy. If Mat and Ben left and Tommy and Geoff May were racing the Factory bikes they would continue Yosh's dominance. It's that simple. The Yosh team is in a different league than the rest of the AMA paddock and Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki know it. Ducati had to change the rules to compete. DMG is trying to change the rules and everyone freaks out. If MIC and the CORSE teams start a new series and Yosh goes there will they be less dominant? I think not. It would be the same old stuff under different sanctioning body rules. If you could, however, place bikes on the grid under DMG rules you could possibly see the best racing the AMA has seen since 2000.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

So, with the exception of LR (disgruntled AMA fan), is anyone coming to Rd Atlanta in 10 days. Even though we know the inevitable outcome I attend as a marketing tool for the agency. So, I'll be helping the Foremost guys and working the pt gig for RoadRashAtlanta. If you make it to the track call my Agency number and Kim will give up my cell #.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

You guys are hularious. Its truley about the money, and actually also agree with the big fish small pound theory. However I think Honda would be alot closer if the Japanese/Wsbk factory would give them some help.

But also I wonder if Mladin went to another team how competitive he'd atcually be in the Ama? Hes deffinalty a good rider no doubt but I think alot of it is the team and their resources plus the bike. I dont think he is solely responsible for the reason Ama sucks.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 08-20-2008 at 03:26 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

What was an article I saw? Something about 41 or 42 wins. Bottom line is there any substantial amount of money wagered on AMA road racing? My guess is no. Is there anybody who doesn't think they could pick the top 5 with a high degree of accuracy on any given day, on any given track or for the season for that matter? I enjoy not knowing who is going to win. I find it interesting to see what team can put together all the pieces, take advantage from adversity, get lucky, have a better plan, work harder. This is why I get up early to watch the 125s, 250s and 800s run live. I typically don't watch a race if I know the outcome. Yes there are a couple from Jerez or Valencia that I revisit. I no longer follow WSBK cause the US can't watch till Tuesday, sorry Troy. But that's just me, sugar rush over, phew that was taxing.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It has less to do with Yosh and more to do with moving up. You think Mladin would have beaten Nicky for all these years if he stayed? I think not. Spies wins for a couple years and he's going to GP now. Why didn't Mladin leave 7 years ago? Because being King Shyt here meant more to him than trying to be the best in the world. If AMA was the top of the game of MC racing he would get his props, but it is third fiddle in the world of MC racing. Yosh needs top riders to put those bikes first. I think Ben and Tommy wouldn't put them up front all the time. They aren't that good. Mat is head and shoulders above the rest of AMA racers. That is certain. He was 'overqualified' from the beginning, and putting him on the fastest bike just made it worse. he would crash out some races and stilll recover to podium. How sick is that?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think there are 3 people other than you that are making the trip to the Suzuki Cup. I doubt you will have trouble finding a place to sit!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default His team threw him under the bus

Yep- caught and convicted. He cheated and was disqualified from the wins. HA HA! Sux to be Mat. Sux worse to be the mechanic.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #18
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

They're pretty tight lipped about the violation. Inquiring minds want to know! If I read the rules one time I'm gonna puke. So is it an AMA rule not to actually list the violation rather than the rule that was violated. That's no fun.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
They're pretty tight lipped about the violation. Inquiring minds want to know! If I read the rules one time I'm gonna puke. So is it an AMA rule not to actually list the violation rather than the rule that was violated. That's no fun.
NASCAR, F1, AMA- all do the same thing. Hardly ever do you see the "real" reason spelled out.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
NASCAR, F1, AMA- all do the same thing. Hardly ever do you see the "real" reason spelled out.
Whatever. Team Suzuki and Mladin got found out. Excellent, Smithers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mr. burns.jpg (33.0 KB, 0 views)