Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Victory sales fall in second quarter (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/8876-victory-sales-fall-second-quarter.html)

Administrator 07-15-2008 02:37 PM

Victory sales fall in second quarter

Original Article:
Victory sales fall in second quarter

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory sales fall in second quarter in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 07-15-2008 02:49 PM

Well THAT bloody sucks. Wonder what's the cause of all this?

seruzawa 07-15-2008 03:31 PM

I'll bet Victory's new model lineup for 2009 is going to be every bit as exciting and different as HD's and the metric cruiser lines.

Buzglyd 07-15-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 189183)
I'll bet Victory's new model lineup for 2009 is going to be every bit as exciting and different as HD's and the metric cruiser lines.

Why? Did Victory buy an Italian bike joint too?

acecycleins 07-16-2008 04:22 PM

Austrian almost. Remember the KTM deal.

Irsh 01-05-2009 09:56 PM

Times are tough and $20,000 motorcycle purchases are the first to go.

mscuddy 01-06-2009 08:37 AM

Well DUH! I rode on the street every freeking day since 1973 and have seen ONE Victory on the road (1973-2006). And this was Los Angeles, motorcycle's everywhere.

Same for Buells. In the year I had the City X I saw about 3 Buells, one city X and a few older reverse-shock models. The market is contracting. And now that I'm driving again, it looks like almost nobody commutes on a bike anymore. You see a few, but not like the 1980's.

And the motorcycles I do see are sportbikes and dual-sports. And lots of Harleys. In fact, I'd say the the majority of the bikes I see are Harleys, around there parts (Los Angeles).

seruzawa 01-06-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 200506)
Well DUH! I rode on the street every freeking day since 1973 and have seen ONE Victory on the road (1973-2006). And this was Los Angeles, motorcycle's everywhere.

Same for Buells. In the year I had the City X I saw about 3 Buells, one city X and a few older reverse-shock models. The market is contracting. And now that I'm driving again, it looks like almost nobody commutes on a bike anymore. You see a few, but not like the 1980's.

And the motorcycles I do see are sportbikes and dual-sports. And lots of Harleys. In fact, I'd say the the majority of the bikes I see are Harleys, around there parts (Los Angeles).

I've seen exactly 3 in/around Salt Lake City. Polaris only sells about 7,000 total Victories worldwide per year. Ducati and Triumph do more than that in the USA alone. Victory sales will probably drop to 4K units this year and the company will re-evaluate their position on continuing Victory production.

ALL bike companies are hurting. Polaris is probably the most vulnerable of all.

longride 01-06-2009 10:11 AM

With a stunning beauty like the 'Bad Vision' in their lineup, how could sales be anything other than brisk?

BrowningBAR 01-06-2009 10:49 AM

I've seen about 12 total. About 3 from the old design and the rest from the current line-up. I know I've seen a few Vegas(es?), an 8Ball or two, A Kingpin or two, and I've seen two "Bad Visions"*.

*Bad Vision is a Trademark of LongRide Mustache Rides, LLC.