Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Suzuki recalls 2008 Hayabusa (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/8621-suzuki-recalls-2008-hayabusa.html)

Administrator 06-25-2008 02:39 PM

Suzuki recalls 2008 Hayabusa

Original Article:
Suzuki recalls 2008 Hayabusa

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Suzuki recalls 2008 Hayabusa in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 06-25-2008 08:13 PM

I recall the 2008 Hayabusa - yes, I remember that moto well; it was a particularly good year for the 'Busa...............

Kenneth_Moore 06-26-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 187819)
I recall the 2008 Hayabusa - yes, I remember that moto well; it was a particularly good year for the 'Busa...............

Strong and masculine, yet willing to reveal it's feminine side, what an eclectic one the Hayabusa was. I remember the time ol 'Busa was in this biker bar full of Harley riders. 'Busa'd had a few too many, and started making cracks about "60 something horsepower." All of sudden, the place went real quiet.

acecycleins 06-26-2008 11:14 AM

Dr Mr Dealer,

I was riding along at 172mph when my bike suddnely pitched me off from "Loss of Power". Granted, I was in full gear and well protected. I did, however, sustain a c5 crack in my verebrate. Enclosed you will see a bill from Chuck's Childrens Hospital for $29,549.21. They routed me there instead of a regualr trauma center because I was whining like a 5 yo when I noticed my bike passing me on it's side as it slide past. Because of the emotional trauma I have included another bill for the replacement of my Busa. Thank you for your prompt attention and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kindest Regards,
Joe Momma

sarnali2 06-26-2008 12:07 PM

That was one....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187844)
Strong and masculine, yet willing to reveal it's feminine side, what an eclectic one the Hayabusa was. I remember the time ol 'Busa was in this biker bar full of Harley riders. 'Busa'd had a few too many, and started making cracks about "60 something horsepower." All of sudden, the place went real quiet.

...crazy ma'f*cker... they all just stood there lookin' at him and we're thinkin' are the lawyers gonna sue him for defamation or are the dentist's gonna whip out their drills and ......

Cheesebeast 06-26-2008 01:50 PM

Dear Mr. Momma,

We here at Sazoozoos Suzuki & Scooter Emporium were quite distressed to learn of your accident. We value each of our customers in the same way we feel about our children. In other words, we treat you all with benign neglect.

We remember you quite well. You are easy to remember- the way you perched yourself for hours on top of the Hayabusa, repeatedly pushing the handlebars back and forth to steering lock. This was accompanied by the loud din of you making annoying sounds- "Vroom Vroom", if we recall correctly.

As you will recall, you put so much wear on the Hayabusa in the showroom that we were forced to sell it to you as a used vehicle. Specifically, it was sold to you in AS IS condition.

Now, the NHTSA recall states:

Repeated handlebar movements can cause damage to the ignition switch lead wires, resulting in intermittent or complete loss of electrical power...

You remember that part, Mr. Vroom Vroom?

We are not without a heart, however. We have decided to graciously reward your business with a free coupon for an oil change (not to exceed $32.88 including oil, filter, labor, and disposal charges).

We hope that you get well soon,
Sazoozoos Suzuki & Scooter Emporium

cc: Legal Department

seruzawa 06-26-2008 02:13 PM

I can't remember whether this means that Suzuki builds worthless crap or if it means that Suzuki is a caring company that puts its customers before the bottom line.

sarnali2 06-26-2008 02:39 PM

Once again......

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 187865)
I can't remember whether this means that Suzuki builds worthless crap or if it means that Suzuki is a caring company that puts its customers before the bottom line.

Harley builds worthless crap, only care about money and want all their owners to go jump in the lake if they don't like it......

Japanese manufacturers are caring, sharing corporate entities who give almost all their money to charities and only charge a modest pitance from their customers so they can afford postage to ship cans of jellied squid from the Tokyo food bank to lesser privileged countries..

vermicious 06-26-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Haha... that zod avatar creeps me out

Kenneth_Moore 06-26-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

It's the other one...you know...