Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Suzuki announces early 2009 models

Original Article:
Suzuki announces early 2009 models

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Suzuki announces early 2009 models in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by administrator : 06-18-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I went to look at Suzuki's today after work, Vstroms in particular. They had a new '07 for $7899 and a new '08 for the regular $9700.. Unfortunately I seem to have turned invisible as none of the "sales associates" could be bothered to cast even a glance my way instead hanging out in clumps and talking to other customers. I finally left after standing around for 10 minutes and crossed Vstroms off my short list, at least from Bob Lamphere's Renton Kawasaki/Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha........

Rest assured Bob, I won't be spending a nickle at your mega store, nor your new HD franchise, not only that but I'll let everyone know, via the internet how much I dislike being treated like sh*t and I'll also point out that there are a number of other Japanese bike dealers in the Puget Sound area, such as Hinshaws in Auburn, Bellevue Suzuki, Aurora Suzuki, and Enumclaw Kawasaki among many others who are more than happy to treat their customers with a modicom of good manners, and I would heartily recommend dealing with them instead of you.....

um...have a nice day.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 06-18-2008 at 04:58 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I went to look at Suzuki's today after work, Vstroms in particular.
Don't let that a-hole turn you off on the Strom. I'm still finding mine just an absolute hoot to ride. And if you're anywhere near some fire roads or logging trails, you'd have a whole 'nother world of reasons to enjoy one.

You're cordially invited to take mine down to the Keys for a test ride. I'll rent a Road Glide at Rossmeyers and fly wing.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default thanks Ken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Don't let that a-hole turn you off on the Strom. I'm still finding mine just an absolute hoot to ride. And if you're anywhere near some fire roads or logging trails, you'd have a whole 'nother world of reasons to enjoy one.

You're cordially invited to take mine down to the Keys for a test ride. I'll rent a Road Glide at Rossmeyers and fly wing.
if I'm ever down that way I'll take you up on it...
I do live next to miles and miles of forest service and logging roads, that's part of the apeal for a duel sport. I'm also looking at the Buelly Uly....

I'm just in the preliminary "gee that would be neat" stage for now, however I do expect to be treated with the same respect I afford everyone else, hence my noting the rude manner in which I was treated by the staff at Bob Lampheres Renton Motorcycle Center and my vow not to deal with them.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
bbtowns
Founding Member

Bob Lanphere's service is really bad in Portland too. I bought one bike from them back in the early 90's and won't buy another. They do sponsor a lot of motorcycle events and races, and they're open on Sunday, but the bike sales suck. They'd rather talk to each other about the hot girl checking out cruisers with her boyfriend than help a customer.
Don't give up on the Strom, you can come on down to Portland and demo mine, it's a bit closer than Ken's. It's about as far from stock as is possible without replacing the frame though.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The big box bike stors are hell, like this cycle place in Azuza, I forget the name...ed something..about 5 years ago there was a nice 83 KZ550 monoshock on the floor for 2 grand. I was interested in it, and was going to buy the damn thing, 'till the wanker salesman said I couldn't test ride it. Yeah, like I'm not going to buy a 25 year old bike without a test ride. So I ripped up the sales agreement and never went back. Screw the big box sales places...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default that's about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
The big box bike stors are hell, like this cycle place in Azuza, I forget the name...ed something..about 5 years ago there was a nice 83 KZ550 monoshock on the floor for 2 grand. I was interested in it, and was going to buy the damn thing, 'till the wanker salesman said I couldn't test ride it. Yeah, like I'm not going to buy a 25 year old bike without a test ride. So I ripped up the sales agreement and never went back. Screw the big box sales places...

I go in a Harley, BMW, Triumph or any other European bike shop and I'm treated like an adult with money to spend by other adults whose passion equals mine for the product. I go in the multi line Japanese dealerships and I'm treated like somebody's dad and totally ignored by some kid whose too stupid to realize I'm paying his f*cking rent......

Ah well, plenty of squids to sell to, I guess they don't need my money.