Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Combined ABS on CBR600RR

Original Article:
Combined ABS on CBR600RR

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Combined ABS on CBR600RR in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Combined ABS, Traction Control, Fly by Wire Throttle, and next is Track Optimization Positioning System. Rider optional.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

No more stoppies? What's a squid to do? The latest and greatest technical improvement ruins the only reason in the world most squids buy a crotch rocket in the first place. I can just hear them at the Burger Barn now. "Bogus, dude... no stoppies".
Old 06-11-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
vermicious
Registered Member

My bike totally kicked your bike's ass! I was standing at the white line when it crossed first!
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Does the owner's manual come with the supplimental "Braking for Dummies" book?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
kvr929rr
Founding Member

Default abs junk

It seems Honda has lost the plot again. Didn't BMW try this already and abandon it because no one liked it. It's just another piece of junk to jack up the price of the bike. Sportbikers don't want that crap on their bikes. Tell Honda's product planners to stuff it.
kvr929rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

What can you say? It sounds like an ultra advanced braking system, it will probably improve stopping times in wet or adverse weather without the rider even knowing it's engaged.....I don't think Modern Honda's abilities are in question, I personally would rather not have such a sophisticated system on a bike I own just because I prefer simplicity and reliability. I think the more gee-whizz electronics involved the more potential for failure. A standard hydraulic brake system is pretty fool proof, if not quite as efficient

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Yeah, but the cable brake guys said the same thing when the fancy new hydraulic systems came out.
And when the first disc brakes came out in some cases they were right. Remember how bad some of those early discs were in the wet?

I'm not at all opposed to technological advancement. I just prefer to let someone else beta test the stuff for a few years. Some don't pan out. Like BMW's braking assist or Honda's air suspension. Notice that linked braking, once touted as the NEXT BEST THING, still struggles for survival.

Until then I'll stick with my old tried and true stuff. Maybe some day I'll trade my muzzleloader for one of them newfangled bolt action jobbies, by crackie!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I personally would rather not have such a sophisticated system on a bike I own just because I prefer simplicity and reliability. I think the more gee-whizz electronics involved the more potential for failure. A standard hydraulic brake system is pretty fool proof, if not quite as efficient
Yeah, but the cable brake guys said the same thing when the fancy new hydraulic systems came out.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default yeah well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
cable and drum brakes work just fine, you just half to allow an extra 1/4 mile or so to stop in an emergancy...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote