Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Combined ABS on CBR600RR (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/8407-combined-abs-cbr600rr.html)

Administrator 06-10-2008 01:18 PM

Combined ABS on CBR600RR

Original Article:
Combined ABS on CBR600RR

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Combined ABS on CBR600RR in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 06-10-2008 01:44 PM

Combined ABS, Traction Control, Fly by Wire Throttle, and next is Track Optimization Positioning System. Rider optional.

seruzawa 06-11-2008 05:26 AM

No more stoppies? What's a squid to do? The latest and greatest technical improvement ruins the only reason in the world most squids buy a crotch rocket in the first place. I can just hear them at the Burger Barn now. "Bogus, dude... no stoppies".

vermicious 06-11-2008 06:16 AM

My bike totally kicked your bike's ass! I was standing at the white line when it crossed first!

acecycleins 06-11-2008 06:51 AM

Does the owner's manual come with the supplimental "Braking for Dummies" book?

kvr929rr 06-11-2008 08:21 PM

abs junk

It seems Honda has lost the plot again. Didn't BMW try this already and abandon it because no one liked it. It's just another piece of junk to jack up the price of the bike. Sportbikers don't want that crap on their bikes. Tell Honda's product planners to stuff it.

sarnali2 06-12-2008 08:27 AM

What can you say? It sounds like an ultra advanced braking system, it will probably improve stopping times in wet or adverse weather without the rider even knowing it's engaged.....I don't think Modern Honda's abilities are in question, I personally would rather not have such a sophisticated system on a bike I own just because I prefer simplicity and reliability. I think the more gee-whizz electronics involved the more potential for failure. A standard hydraulic brake system is pretty fool proof, if not quite as efficient

seruzawa 06-12-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187013)
Yeah, but the cable brake guys said the same thing when the fancy new hydraulic systems came out.

And when the first disc brakes came out in some cases they were right. Remember how bad some of those early discs were in the wet?

I'm not at all opposed to technological advancement. I just prefer to let someone else beta test the stuff for a few years. Some don't pan out. Like BMW's braking assist or Honda's air suspension. Notice that linked braking, once touted as the NEXT BEST THING, still struggles for survival.

Until then I'll stick with my old tried and true stuff. Maybe some day I'll trade my muzzleloader for one of them newfangled bolt action jobbies, by crackie!

Kenneth_Moore 06-12-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 187011)
I personally would rather not have such a sophisticated system on a bike I own just because I prefer simplicity and reliability. I think the more gee-whizz electronics involved the more potential for failure. A standard hydraulic brake system is pretty fool proof, if not quite as efficient

Yeah, but the cable brake guys said the same thing when the fancy new hydraulic systems came out.

sarnali2 06-12-2008 09:45 AM

yeah well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187013)

cable and drum brakes work just fine, you just half to allow an extra 1/4 mile or so to stop in an emergancy...