Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Spyders invade Quebec town (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/8406-spyders-invade-quebec-town.html)

Administrator 06-10-2008 02:18 PM

Spyders invade Quebec town

Original Article:
Spyders invade Quebec town

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Spyders invade Quebec town in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 06-10-2008 04:49 PM

A friend of mine just bought one of these - sez the thing is the biggest Hoot on two wheels..............

I hope to find out someday soon for myself.

Only complaint was the way he had to setup the controls (he only has his left arm), and the fact that he keeps wanting to put a foot down at stops. Oh, and the fact that he believes there's more than enough stonk from the engine to splatter himself all-over a parked car in some parking-lot.

BrowningBAR 06-10-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 186867)
A friend of mine just bought one of these - sez the thing is the biggest Hoot on two wheels..............

Only complaint was the way he had to setup the controls (he only has his left arm), and the fact that he keeps wanting to put a foot down at stops. Oh, and the fact that he believes there's more than enough stonk from the engine to splatter himself all-over a parked car in some parking-lot.

But, but, BUT, it has THREE wheels!

mscuddy 06-10-2008 08:23 PM

Wow, and I thought I was torqued...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 186867)

He only has one arm? Where does he put the wheelchair? That's amazing. How does it shift? A hand controlled air shifter deal? Wow, neat...(for us cripples that is).

vermicious 06-11-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 186872)
He only has one arm? Where does he put the wheelchair? That's amazing. How does it shift? A hand controlled air shifter deal? Wow, neat...(for us cripples that is).

Automatic maybe?

The_AirHawk 06-11-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 186872)

He bought this in-addition to to the Harley Nightster he bought a few months back - not because he's a one-armed bandito - he got it 'cuz he thought it was Cool as Hell and wanted one.

I believe it's manual-shift, just like a Moto. He just put all the controls on the left bar is all.

Mark has the right idea about this whole "lost limb" situation - if you gotta put up with it; might as well enjoy yourself. You should see his uber-kool Carbon-fibre and Titanium prosthetic he's having crafted, and he's also got a Cafe-Press online shop with about 20-different goofy-arse slogans to put people "at ease" with the empty space on his right side.

When Life gives you Lemons: sell 'em and buy Limes, then make Margaritas....................