Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   H-D XR1200 rolls off the line (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/8267-h-d-xr1200-rolls-off-line.html)

Administrator 05-28-2008 04:02 PM

H-D XR1200 rolls off the line

Original Article:
H-D XR1200 rolls off the line

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article H-D XR1200 rolls off the line in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 05-28-2008 04:04 PM

Nice styling! Too bad we won't be seeing it this side of the pond. Wonder if it will be more or less expensive than a Buell.

acecycleins 05-29-2008 06:37 AM

Have you seen Tor dogging the bike on Raptors and Rockets? Great little video.

BrowningBAR 05-29-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 185957)
Have you seen Tor dogging the bike on Raptors and Rockets? Great little video.

What the HELL is up with their site anyhow?! And have they ever heard of ImageReady?

I like the content, but good god, use the scaling tool in PhotoShop instead of squishing the photos. Slice up some of the images for a quicker download, and if you don't have a high-res version of a logo, don't scale the damn thing up to 400%. And could they throw in a table or two to make the content readable?

sarnali2 05-29-2008 07:27 AM

Well Harley has officially screwed the pooch as far as I'm concerned If they don't bring it here. I think that would be a pretty good seller and somthing that would bring more people into the showroom. They're always on about trying to attract a younger demographic, well here's the bike that will do it.

mscuddy 05-29-2008 07:53 AM

Phah..."Dirt Track Inspired". Get rid of those silly looking pipes, lace up some alloy rims with spokes, even (GASP!) a couple of fuel injectors at the rear of the cylinder head, with big air filters (ala XR1000) and then you'd have a "dirt track inspired" HD. This is dirt track for the Pepsi Generation. A miss in my humble opinion.

acecycleins 05-29-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 185962)
What the HELL is up with their site anyhow?! And have they ever heard of ImageReady?

I like the content, but good god, use the scaling tool in PhotoShop instead of squishing the photos. Slice up some of the images for a quicker download, and if you don't have a high-res version of a logo, don't scale the damn thing up to 400%. And could they throw in a table or two to make the content readable?

It's set up more like a blog site than a real magazine. It's as slow as it gets but the content is usually pretty good.

trenttheuncatchable 05-29-2008 08:25 AM

They build it here but they don't sell it here .. okay...

longride 05-29-2008 08:30 AM

So you want the real thing Cuddy? Not in this lifetime. I'd just buy a used Sporty, peruse the Stortz catalog, and make a real nice street tracker for less than Harley sells this one. Too much work for most I guess.

mscuddy 05-29-2008 08:42 AM

Yeah LR, guess I'm just an old fart who expects when a company TRIES to build something inspired by a race machine they give it some clues at least. That thing looks goofy, period.