Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 05-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
anrajala
Founding Member

It's about the time we get a real performance street bike to Europe. This is just going to annihilate the liter gixxer blown streetfighters of the bombers.

Seriously speaking, do the corporation suits really think this is the bike for the younger tastes? Good Lord. What is the median age of their market research, 87?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
It's about the time we get a real performance street bike to Europe. This is just going to annihilate the liter gixxer blown streetfighters of the bombers.

Seriously speaking, do the corporation suits really think this is the bike for the younger tastes? Good Lord. What is the median age of their market research, 87?

- cruiz-euro
Dude, you're slipping. You forgot to work "61hp" into your post.

Don't let it happen again.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ain't it ironic that the only company he hates unmercifully, he supposedly owns a bike from that very company? I think somebody did a rolling burnout on his brain not too long ago........and not with a Harley, because they can't do em.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:30 AM   #14
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Phah..."Dirt Track Inspired". Get rid of those silly looking pipes, lace up some alloy rims with spokes, even (GASP!) a couple of fuel injectors at the rear of the cylinder head, with big air filters (ala XR1000) and then you'd have a "dirt track inspired" HD. This is dirt track for the Pepsi Generation. A miss in my humble opinion.
I bet since Kawi redesigned the Z1000, Harley figured the parallel upswept pipes were fair game. Dibs!

Seriously, the styling isn't that bad. It kinda reminds me of a sportier version of the iconic 1980's UJMs. Considering that almost every one of their current bikes is based on 1940's and 1950's styling, 1980's styling is modern. ;o)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
anrajala
Founding Member

You are right as usual longride. It is ironic that a guy who has a certain brand of bike does not adoringly praise any unspeakable turd that his brand might produce. That he does not close his eyes from appalling deficiencies such as 61 hp (see Seruzawa I might be typing this without pants but I’m not slipping).

Talking about ironic, did you not notice this worster (albeit with rubber mountings), this grand daddy of anything that is still produced today, is touted as some sort of modern performance street bike for European youngsters? Irony, anyone? Hello?

I mean why don’t you guys just send us some groovy burgundy red Luminas with chrome tipped exhaust pipes.

- cruiz-euro
Old 05-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Cool. You worked in 61 horsepower! I guess you are done for the day. Go take a break. I think your head is smoking.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
anrajala
Founding Member

How come this modern Performance Street accessory is sold only in Europe? This is what happened at the Motor Corporation:

After Edsel Buffington, President of the Modern Performance Street Design Department, 87, had finished with the concept, a silence fell. It was obvious to everyone the core market (Alabama) was ripe for a new technical breakthrough after the rubber mounting revolution. But there was none. The Junior Vice President Montgomery B. J. Blooberson, 85, put it into words: "we can't sell this smekma even in Boise Idaho".

- cruiz-euro
Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

That's "smegma", you ninny. Geeze, if you want to insult us amerricans, ya gotta use proper english!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #19
anrajala
Founding Member

I know how smegma is spelled, smegma is my middle name. I was just trying to outsmart your ****ing spell police program you got el cheapo from Tijuana.

- cruiz-euro
Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
I know how smegma is spelled, smegma is my middle name.
Do you REALLY want to say that in this forum??

Cruiz-smegma-euro -- it has a ring to it!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"

Last edited by sachiwilson : 05-30-2008 at 01:51 PM.
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote