Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Pre-production Roehr 1250sc completed (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/8042-pre-production-roehr-1250sc-completed.html)

pdad13 05-08-2008 08:00 AM

Well, no one mentioned that the proper motor would come in an ugly bike. (Although, I must say that I don't think it's so bad.)

I think last year's launch with not-entirely-baked bikes hurt, too. Sucked the wind out of the 1125R's sails and it never built any momentum from all that initial buzz. Then there's the 1098 total eclipse to consider. Now it's the RC8.

Buell also still has dealer issues (although they're beginning to address them). Shame, because I'm sure it's a very good bike.

And, of course, lots of people talk a big game on the Web.

Kenneth_Moore 05-08-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdad13 (Post 184381)
Well, no one mentioned that the proper motor would come in an ugly bike. (Although, I must say that I don't think it's so bad.)

I think last year's launch with not-entirely-baked bikes hurt, too. Sucked the wind out of the 1125R's sails and it never built any momentum from all that initial buzz. Then there's the 1098 total eclipse to consider. Now it's the RC8.

Buell also still has dealer issues (although they're beginning to address them). Shame, because I'm sure it's a very good bike.

And, of course, lots of people talk a big game on the Web.

It probably didn't help that they launched it at the very moment the m/c industry was starting it's sales nose dive. Timing, as they say, is everything. 5-6 years ago people might have stood in line for the bike.

longride 05-08-2008 08:19 AM

"Timing, as they say, is everything. 5-6 years ago people might have stood in line for the bike."

Only if they were giving away free beer.

acecycleins 05-08-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 184384)
"Timing, as they say, is everything. 5-6 years ago people might have stood in line for the bike."

Only if they were giving away free beer.

Don't the HD dealers already do that? Killer Creek HD has this weekend concert thing they call Bikes and Blues (or something similar). I'm sure every dresser out there has its own cooler system built into the top box- right? If not, I now have shared a marketing wet-dream for some enterprising individual. Just remember to power the top box and make the connectors quick-disconnects. Send the check directly to my agency.

longride 05-08-2008 08:30 AM

Too late with the top box cooler idea. BMW already beat you to that one.

Kenneth_Moore 05-08-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 184386)
Don't the HD dealers already do that? Killer Creek HD has this weekend concert thing they call Bikes and Blues (or something similar). I'm sure every dresser out there has its own cooler system built into the top box- right? If not, I now have shared a marketing wet-dream for some enterprising individual. Just remember to power the top box and make the connectors quick-disconnects. Send the check directly to my agency.

Right after somebody sends me the check for the "Klazy Ken Kool Suit for Motorcyclists Who Ride in Hell." I'd settle for a chilled seat. It's starting to get really hot down here again.

longride 05-08-2008 10:30 AM

Don't worry, the seas should be rising shortly to cool you off.

Kenneth_Moore 05-08-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 184416)
Don't worry, the seas should be rising shortly to cool you off.

I can just tell: You're going to be a "Smoker," aren't you? I'm going to start filling baggies with dirt.

sarnali2 05-08-2008 11:12 AM

Hey !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 184421)
I can just tell: You're going to be a "Smoker," aren't you? I'm going to start filling baggies with dirt.

I just watched that the other day all the way through, I'd seen bits and pieces before but never the whole thing. It's not a bad movie, Dennis Hopper is suitably nasty in it and Kevi isn't overly sanctimonious....Not the worst movie I've ever seen.


Anyway, Klazy Ken better start selling Katamarans instead of Kars .........

Kenneth_Moore 05-08-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 184423)
I just watched that the other day all the way through, I'd seen bits and pieces before but never the whole thing. It's not a bad movie, Dennis Hopper is suitably nasty in it and Kevi isn't overly sanctimonious....Not the worst movie I've ever seen.


Anyway, Klazy Ken better start selling Katamarans instead of Kars .........

Funny you should say that. Klazy Ken live on Katamaran (32' Gemini) right up until his girlfriend got pregnant!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.