Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Red Dawn

Original Article:
Red Dawn

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Red Dawn in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by sachiwilson : 04-23-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Better Dead than Red..........

Or was that - "Better Ted than Fred"? Or was it "Chatter-head, well said"? Or maybe.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 04-23-2008 at 10:31 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
TheFox
Founding Member

How's the PacCoast?

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I thought that was a movie. Neat little video though, some cool artsy shots of a Ducati single.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
How's the PacCoast?
I almost crashed it this morning riding to work. I've been "exploring" the bikes limitations. I believe I found one of them............

2-lane, chip-N-seal road, misting rain, hit a greasy spot when leaned-over pretty hard (for a 650lb+ bike) and the front washed-out on me; I struggled to keep it from going-down, next I know - I'm off in the gravel, then the WEEDS...........

Managed to right it, figured "What the hey, bike's not 'crashed' yet, might as well keep on ridin' it out of here." So I did. I figure the drivers of the septic-sucker truck in front of me, and the guy in the SUV behind me (that I'd passed just 2-miles back) thought I was Insane.

Happened so fast, I was too damn busy tryin' to save my life to be scared. Got a few miles down the road, THEN the adrenaline-rush hit me, I started shaking. I was O.K. by the time I got to work, though.

The Wife don't know yet, dunno if I'll tell her or not. Probably elicit a beatdown if I do.

Never stop riding it, 'til it won't ride anymore.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I almost crashed it this morning riding to work. I've been "exploring" the bikes limitations. I believe I found one of them............

2-lane, chip-N-seal road, misting rain, hit a greasy spot when leaned-over pretty hard (for a 650lb+ bike) and the front washed-out on me; I struggled to keep it from going-down, next I know - I'm off in the gravel, then the WEEDS...........

Managed to right it, figured "What the hey, bike's not 'crashed' yet, might as well keep on ridin' it out of here." So I did. I figure the drivers of the septic-sucker truck in front of me, and the guy in the SUV behind me (that I'd passed just 2-miles back) thought I was Insane.

Happened so fast, I was too damn busy tryin' to save my life to be scared. Got a few miles down the road, THEN the adrenaline-rush hit me, I started shaking. I was O.K. by the time I got to work, though.

The Wife don't know yet, dunno if I'll tell her or not. Probably elicit a beatdown if I do.

Never stop riding it, 'til it won't ride anymore.

I see you need to practice your "layin' her down" skilz the bike pro'lly would have stopped sliding in time to avoid the weeds, then you could just up and dust yer-self off and be on your way instead of gettin' all shakey and ill-feeling..

Good save by the way, if that don't put the fear in ya' nothing will..

Old 04-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Call for Mr. Airhawk...

That's nothin...one time whilst astride the mighty KZ750 (punched out to 880 cee ceez) I got on the cursed 118 freeway at Balboa heading east. I got into the 3rd lane over, and was crusing along, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, the bike just started to move into the number two lane on its own. I looked over my left shoulder and there was a freeking giant black ford Extrusion nudging me over, with it's bumper pushing on the left rear turn signal. The driver of the monster was some soccer mom with her ear glued to a cellphone. Then, after I escaped that, a few hundred yards down the freeway where it goes under the 405 a wooden pallet fell off a truck and exploded, and I had to jump over what was left at about 70 mph standing on the pegs. You think that might have told me something about riding a motorcycle in LALA Land...but no, I ventured on to greater almost crashes...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
You think that might have told me something about riding a motorcycle in LALA Land...but no, I ventured on to greater almost crashes...

Well you are an Airdale, that's barely a step above Marine Recon on the ol' noodle power scale.....

Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Well you are an Airdale, that's barely a step above Marine Recon on the ol' noodle power scale.....
Heh heh. Effin' idiots running around getting decapitated by loose cables and sucked into jet intakes while it's raining cats and dogs. No thanks. I'll stay in the engine room, if you please. Or better yet the electrical shop.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Up there in 60 foot swells trying to tie their airplanes down, getting blown over the side by jet exhaust or walking into prop blades......nah...

it's warm and dry in the fireroom