Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Suzuki dominates at Barber

Original Article:
Suzuki dominates at Barber

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Suzuki dominates at Barber in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's the gap between 1st and 3rd that's important. At one point it was as high as 18.5 secs. By lap 10 the gap was 12 secs. DMG is going for a parity thing for next season and we can thank the skillz of Matt and Ben for that. The Yosh team need to make the move to WSBK and compete on that level. They are clearly way above the cut for US Superbike. I just don't believe anyone has the skills to compete against them.

BTW- I have over 400 photos - some even print worthy if anyone would like some. One pic of Ben Bostrom and Josh Herrin before they left for the grid was absolutely amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0351.jpg (99.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by acecycleins : 04-21-2008 at 01:59 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki should be embarrassed that they are so far off the pace.

Mladin should be embarrassed he's still riding AMA Superbike.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So much for that 'New, Awesome, Race-Winning, Suzuki Thrashing, All-Out-Fantastic' Honda Superbike eh? I said way back when they were crowing about it to crow AFTER you actually win.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I hope the photos are better than the race was. Completely and utterly boring, it was. The whole time they showed 3rd through 5th racing because they couldn't find Mladin. Sad.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 AM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Like I said...SUZUKI RAAAWKS DUDE !!!!!!!!! as soon as they put that Bandit engine in the GSXR it was all over, the reast of them a*holes might as well head back to China...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
12er
Founding Member

I'm getting sick of the suzuki show... How about if they just repaint the Yosh team a different color so it seems like someone else is in the race.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I'm getting sick of the suzuki show... How about if they just repaint the Yosh team a different color so it seems like someone else is in the race.
I thought that was the point of the Rock Star sponsor. It's the blue number plates isn't it?

Kirk
Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

If you think its bad now (and it is) just wait till dmg gets through nascarizing it. The "we are in the entertainment business" model has worked for what is essentially an America only form of racing. I don't think they are going to make it work for a world wide form. Indeed DMG dosen't care about the international aspect at all.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:45 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowduc_1 View Post
If you think its bad now (and it is) just wait till dmg gets through nascarizing it. The "we are in the entertainment business" model has worked for what is essentially an America only form of racing. I don't think they are going to make it work for a world wide form. Indeed DMG dosen't care about the international aspect at all.
I was pretty worried about the way the announcement went when it was released last Thursday. I have had a change of heart. I don't agree with the elimination of the 600 Supersport class, but changing the name of Supebike to LiterBike and having a 185hp max limit is working in Canadian Superbike. It allows for closer racing and multiple manufactures are winning races.
As for the hp limit at 130 for Daytona Superbike (I like Formula Extreme better) it's silly. Aren't most of the FX bikes reaching the 150 hp mark by now? I say throw all the chips in the basket for the class and see what happens. It's will take 5, maybe longer, years before they start to figure out how to get 180 hp out of the class.
I don't agree with the spec tire rule. However, if they use Dunlop for LiterBike and FX (I'm not giving up the name, yet) and Motor ST and Rookie Cup run Pirelli then I guess that will work.
I just wish 600 Supersport could survive. The next generation of racers need a feeder class and they are entertaining as h3ll to watch. The race last weekend between Ben and Josh was great. If RL weren't banged up and Geoff May could get Jordan to field a bike in the class it be even more fun to watch. Vets racing for fun and up and comers racing for experience make it sound like the best class in American roadracing right now.