Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #41
TheFox
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
...Why wait?
Full time student, Marine reservist. I have to go to a military school for the summer. I am effectively unemployed with no real income. I pay my bills and cover the rent, but have no disposable income. I owe about 3k on the bike I have now and should pay it off first. I'm not comfortable buying anything with all the uncertainty right now. I don't have a storage facility near my home to put the bike in and my last bike was stolen. Insurance on a late model motorcycle will be too expensive for me at this moment.

There are other reasons too, but it really boils down to not being a fiscally responsible decision right now.

I test rode a Breva 1100 this year in Missouri. Reminded me of a helocopter. Not a bad bide, made a nice sound and had some charm. A little to Japanese in appearance to me (despite the engine config). I'd sooner get a Griso, which I have wanted since I saw the concept.

Part of me wants to get off 17" sportbike tires, which seem to be the biggest expense of owning a bike. We'll see. Who knows where I'll be a a few years. I just need some time.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #42
TheFox
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I've to say that I'm 29 and I think my next bike may be a Harley."

Sounds like the 'Harley Hype' caught you hook, line, and sinker. Make sure you run right in there like every other Harley buyer and just pony up whatever they ask for without questioning a thing. Only then can you join the uninformed hoardes of Harley dullards!

On the serious side, that would be a pretty good choice for the type of riding you want to do. Speeding around looking over your shoulder for cops gets old after a while. Much nicer to get on a long twisty two laner, crank up the tunes, and cruise the day away.
Yeah, I was in a dealership in Crete (Illinois) the other day and they were very nice to me. Showed me around, told me if I wanted them to work on my Triumph the'd be happy to re-lace the wheel for me if I got the parts. I tell you though, every time I think of the price of a new Road Kind the other half of me says, 18K?!?!? That's a brand-new 848 AND a used Japanese cruiser for commuting. I'll have to buy used.

I've seen some good prices on Craigslist for Road King Classics recently, but I am very against spoked wheels and no locks on the bags for what I want to do. they seem to be between 10 and 13k for 1998-2004 models. I'm not ready to buy yet though. I may just wait to get a 2008 with the options I want on the used market 3 or 4 years from now. I can wait.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #43
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Let me tell you.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I always thought you looked good in armchaps.

It's really cool because the Bandit is a wonderfull deep blue, while the Dyna is a sinister black so I thought "ok...blue and black,,turn it around... black and blue...OUCH !! how butch!!....anyway deep blue and black... you know I love to co-ordinate so what goes with both ??? Fuschia !!! I had the little silver deathheads put on for the pirate affect when I wear my puffy sleeve lace up shirt and those really tight leather pants but honestly it looks good with both bikes.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
It's really cool because the Bandit is a wonderfull deep blue, while the Dyna is a sinister black so I thought "ok...blue and black,,turn it around... black and blue...OUCH !! how butch!!....anyway deep blue and black... you know I love to co-ordinate so what goes with both ??? Fuschia !!! I had the little silver deathheads put on for the pirate affect when I wear my puffy sleeve lace up shirt and those really tight leather pants but honestly it looks good with both bikes.....
Yes, you certainly look butch in that pirate get up. The mid-calf boots with the huge top cuffs and the skull and crossbones on your eye patch make a stunning biker fashion statement. The cutlass must get in the way though. How do you deal with it?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #45
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Welll.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yes, you certainly look butch in that pirate get up. The mid-calf boots with the huge top cuffs and the skull and crossbones on your eye patch make a stunning biker fashion statement. The cutlass must get in the way though. How do you deal with it?

I usually stick it through the little hidden loop on my matching fuschia waist sash and there's a little silk cover that goes over the handle so the gold and silver glitter paint doesn't come off when I get up tp 35 or 40 mph....sometimes I wear it on a leather sash over my shoulder but that's more for my 'Highlander" outfit than my Pirate outfit plus the glitter from the blade rubs off on the leather and let me tell you, you don't know what pure hell is until you try to get all that glitter paint off red leather.........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote