Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Victory celebrates 10th anniversary (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/7712-victory-celebrates-10th-anniversary.html)

Administrator 04-08-2008 01:48 PM

Victory celebrates 10th anniversary

Original Article:
Victory celebrates 10th anniversary

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory celebrates 10th anniversary in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

acecycleins 04-08-2008 02:36 PM

They will enter the much anticipated "sport" motorcycle world very soon. With some insight from KTM and the ability to build a reliable, torque filled motor Mr Buell will need to watch his back. By 2010, you will see the bike come to life. Think of it as a cross between a XB and a Moto Guzzi Sport. Completely predictable cornering manners, lots of usable power and a price in the $11k range.

The_AirHawk 04-08-2008 03:31 PM

I feel you're Right-On on that, Kirk. They've been makin' noises for four or five years about developing and introducing a Sportbike "When the time was right".

It may be Right, Right-Now.

BrowningBAR 04-08-2008 04:35 PM

As long as it isn't designed by the same circus freaks that came up with the Vision it should be successful.

mscuddy 04-08-2008 05:33 PM

You mean that bike that has a toilet seat as a design inspiration? Nah, can't be...

seruzawa 04-08-2008 06:38 PM

10 years now and their total yearly worldwide sales (7000) are 70% of Triumph's USA sales alone. Maybe they need to enter another market than the $15K cruiser market.

Please, God, ensure that their snowmobile division never gets control of the bike quality.

longride 04-09-2008 05:46 AM

They need to start producing their own style motorcycles and fire the Ness twins. Bring something different to the table and it will sell. Enough of the Harley clones. That market is dead.

BrowningBAR 04-09-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182044)
They need to start producing their own style motorcycles and fire the Ness twins. Bring something different to the table and it will sell. Enough of the Harley clones. That market is dead.

I don't know about that. Look at what happened when they moved away from the "Harley Clone" look.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you The Vision!

longride 04-09-2008 09:41 AM

You got me on that one! I'd say they need to ditch the V-Twins and go with something else.

The_AirHawk 04-09-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182062)
You got me on that one! I'd say they need to ditch the V-Twins and go with something else.

Well, then there's only two choices they have available to them to be "different":

*The "Perfect" racing engine - a 75deg V-4 configuration.

*The other "Perfect" engine - a Gnome Rotary Monosoupape.

I say, go for the rotary - even solitary Soup Ape's need a job.............