Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   H-D workers approve deal (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/7699-h-d-workers-approve-deal.html)

anrajala 04-08-2008 06:28 AM

>You do know what a looter is, right?

I believe in your jargon its some guys collectively refusing to kiss the corporate azz? Did you know the french looters demanded and got 35 hr working week? Now they do still 40 hr weeks but save the time to have 9 week annual vacation. Who would want that? Disgusting.

- cruiz-euro

acecycleins 04-08-2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 181985)
>You do know what a looter is, right?

I believe in your jargon its some guys collectively refusing to kiss the corporate azz? Did you know the french looters demanded and got 35 hr working week? Now they do still 40 hr weeks but save the time to have 9 week annual vacation. Who would want that? Disgusting.

- cruiz-euro

What's that unemployment rate, again? Our nationwide rate is 5.2%. Some would have you believe that's high and the US employement outlook is bleak. Not so! Check every other country and we have near full employment. Did Unions create those jobs? Not just no, but H3LL NO! Free trade and good planning by employers created those jobs.
I heard somewhere that the estimated union membership is somewhere in the 12 million range. It was almost 10 fold higher 50 years ago. Why are there so many people leaving the unions they are members of? The union market is no better than working without one. Markets shift you must adapt.

sarnali2 04-08-2008 07:49 AM

Being a Union member has worked out pretty well for me. If you don't believe in Union membership then don't join, there's plenty of "right to work" states that will be happy to employ you. Of course you'll be making about a third of what I and most likly Ken make, if you have medical and dental your deductible will be higher and if some managers kid needs a job you might get fired for coming in late but hey phuck unions right? you don't need them.....

seruzawa 04-08-2008 08:57 AM

Depends a lot on the union. The Printer's Union is a complete joke. So is the one the waitresses were encouraged to join in Kalif. At least it was back in the 70's. You pay the dues and the union affords no protections or effective negotiations. But the Union Bosses have nice perks and salaries so I guess it isn't a total loss.

The problem is in stereotyping. Some unions get a good deal for their workers. Others raise the cost of labor too high and the work goes elsewhere. Witness the 10% permanent unemployment rates in Europe where the unions are so 'strong'. For example in France unemployment of people under 30 is like 25%. But I guess as long as those closed shops are getting rich who cares about anyone else, eh?

anrajala 04-08-2008 09:05 AM

>What's that unemployment rate, again? Our nationwide
>rate is 5.2%. Some would have you believe that's high
>and the US employment outlook is bleak

The US unemployment rate can not be compared to those of the civilized countries. Why? Because we have unemployment benefits. And universal health care and charge free education. Consequently the unemployed are often not too much in a hurry to find a new job. Frankly speaking, some are not in a hurry at all.

Of course this leads to certain well known economic inefficiencies i.e. bums. But people are willing to pay it because its the price of freedom. Your boss gets tiresome? Tell him to sod off. Go to Tuscany to sample some of their wine for a few months.

- cruiz-euro

newagetwotone 04-08-2008 09:21 AM

Everyone seems to hate this guy, why don't you ban him?

anrajala 04-08-2008 09:28 AM

Question: How many % of the promising young people of California would choose b) if they were entitled to generous unemployment benefits?

a) work at the airport sorting out heavy luggage
b) drink beer, smoke pot and plan some crazy azz scheme

- cruiz-euro

longride 04-08-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 181999)
Everyone seems to hate this guy, why don't you ban him?

We keep him around for the entertainment value.

vermicious 04-08-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182001)
We keep him around for the entertainment value.

Don't forget the statistical probability that someone worse would replace him.

sarnali2 04-08-2008 09:44 AM

I certainly don't hate him, He has a different perspective on some things but he's usually good for a laugh.