Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Here's a Shocker... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/7467-heres-shocker.html)

Kenneth_Moore 03-12-2008 01:13 PM

Here's a Shocker...

A truck left-turned in front of a motorcycle and killed the rider. What are the odds?

28-year-old motorcyclist dies in Boynton crash -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Kenneth_Moore 03-12-2008 01:15 PM

seruzawa 03-12-2008 01:29 PM

Since it doesn't say whether the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet or not we don't know whether it's his fault or not. No helmet = no charges for the Ford driver. Helmet law supporters should agree with me on this. If he wasn't wearing a helmet he got what he deserved. (/sarc)

On the other hand, what did the guy do for the two years his girlfriend was sitting on the toilet? No, don't tell me. On second thought I don't really want to know.

pushrod 03-12-2008 01:39 PM

Seru,

It seems that they teach in Journalism 101 that if the rider is NOT wearing a helmet or the car driver is NOT wearing a seat belt, to make a point of the fact.

Otherwise, make sure you note the color of the vehicles involved.

I don't know if the young man (or the gal on the throne) was wearing a helmet, but God Bless him.

longride 03-12-2008 01:54 PM

"It seems that they teach in Journalism 101 that if the rider is NOT wearing a helmet or the car driver is NOT wearing a seat belt, to make a point of the fact."

What point of fact would that be, since it has no bearing on why the accident occurred in the first place? They don't let us know what color pants the rider was wearing because it is just as irrelevent to the circumstances as if he was wearing a helmet. They point it out for just the reason Seru said, if the rider wasn't wearing a helmet, then he somehow deserved what he got.

BrowningBAR 03-12-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 180415)
A truck left-turned in front of a motorcycle and killed the rider. What are the odds?

28-year-old motorcyclist dies in Boynton crash -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

"when Brett Sherman, also of Boynton Beach and driving a red 2001 Ford Focus south on Congress Avenue, attempted to make a left turn onto Southwest Congress Boulevard in front of Lombardo"
--A Ford Focus is a small car with far fewer blind spots than a truck.
Ford Motor Company Vehicle Showroom - Ford

Second, if the tard was making a left turn at that point it means he was in a non-turning lane when the jackass decided to turn causing the motorcyclists death.

Is this the same Brett Sherman that killed the motorcyclist? Ft. Laugerdale isn't to far from Boynton Beach and the year he graduated from college would put him at the right age.
LinkedIn: Brett Sherman (bsherman@bgtpartners.com)

seruzawa 03-12-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 180419)
I don't know if the young man (or the gal on the throne) was wearing a helmet, but God Bless him.

That is so wrong on so many levels.... 2 years? And the cops think that filing charges against anyone will make one bit of difference? You'd think that after 6 months someone would notice that something was out of the ordinary.

On the other hand, no man has the power to force a woman to leave the bathroom.

He should have offered to take her shopping! Sometimes that works.

sarnali2 03-12-2008 03:11 PM

I thought collisions with small cars were statistically more survivable than pick ups or SUV's? Guess it's a moot point when you hit 'em hard enough to spin them almost in a complete circle. Another "didn't see the motorcycle" deal I reckon.

What's so unusual about a woman spending two years in the can? I've never timed one but it sounds about right to me.....

seruzawa 03-12-2008 07:32 PM

So, Ken. This story is about the woman and the toilet seat is BS isn't it?

Kenneth_Moore 03-13-2008 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 180453)
So, Ken. This story is about the woman and the toilet seat is BS isn't it?

You can't make stuff like that up my friend. I had nightmares of a woman's butt growing over and enveloping a toilet. Finally the woman stood, wrenching the toilet from the floor like Chief pulling up the water cabinet in "One Flew Over..." She went on to destroy Tokyo.

I have got to stop eating anchovie pizza.