Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 34
Default Honda Pulls Plug On Bike Production in U.S.

Original Article:
http://www.motorcycle.com//news/hond...-us-76164.html
Honda Pulls Plug On Bike Production in U.S.

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Honda Pulls Plug On Bike Production in U.S. in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 02-29-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

In an unrelated move, Harley Davison announced that it's new "Trick" motorcycle seat for the "Rocker" Softail motorcycle would now be produced using Botswanian Chinchilla skins exclusively. Workers at the US Cowpants leather plant in Fargo, North Dakota, have been advised of impending layoffs. Harley spokespersons were unavailable for comment.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Reeeeeeeaaaallllyyyy?! Well, at least they are going to find the workers new jobs.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Honda makes motorcycles?...I though they built cars.

Kind of a strange move considering the US is their big market for cruisers and Goldy's too most likely. Fascinating actually, I wonder if it's to free up manufacturing space for auto's or because HD is handing them their lunch in the big bore cruiser market...maybe they want a tighter leash on QA that they feel they can provide in Japan better than here....Maybe they want to keep the work in house for nationalistic reasons...pressure from Korea in the small car market has them scrambling, maybe it's part of a corporate restructuring.....

Hmmmmm....an interesting turn of events indeed...
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
mii54ws
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 66
Default

I believe HD is having troubles in their sales of the junk they produce. Their stock price is down 40% in the last year. So much for 'image' versus quality.
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mii54ws View Post
I believe HD is having troubles in their sales of the junk they produce. Their stock price is down 40% in the last year. So much for 'image' versus quality.
Some rocks got overturned, eh?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mii54ws View Post
I believe HD is having troubles in their sales of the junk they produce. Their stock price is down 40% in the last year. So much for 'image' versus quality.
Whether you like or loath HD, they do sell a whole bunch of cruisers. Far more than what Honda sells.

And up until recently (January was there lowest at 27.35 per share), Honda was down 38% over last years values.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mii54ws View Post
I believe HD is having troubles in their sales of the junk they produce. Their stock price is down 40% in the last year. So much for 'image' versus quality.

Care to explain how modern HD's are junk?

Sales are down industry wide and in fact any "luxury item" like boats, motorhomes and the like are suffering with the not-a- reccession.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 03-01-2008 at 09:17 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Care to explain how modern HD's are junk?

Sales are down industry wide and in fact any "luxury item" like boats, motorhomes and the like are suffering with the not-a- reccession.
Hey, hey HEY! Don't use the "R" word. Even the president said we aren't in a Recession. And our government never lies. Ever.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Hey, hey HEY! Don't use the "R" word. Even the president said we aren't in a Recession. And our government never lies. Ever.


I didn't use the R word sheesh everyone knows THAT'S not true.....I said the Not-a-recession......

I think there's a pretty big difference there......
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off