Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Honda-Powered Bike for U.S. Youth-Oriented GP Series

Original Article:
Honda-Powered Bike for U.S. Youth-Oriented GP Series

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Honda-Powered Bike for U.S. Youth-Oriented GP Series in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by sachiwilson : 02-14-2008 at 08:18 AM. Reason: MoBonics
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Youth of America unite and celebrate a motorcycle you can actually "learn" to race on. Good going Honda. Now, if we can just get KTM, Kawi, Suzuki and Yamaha to do the same we'd have real entertainment at dormant tracks across the US on weekends.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

Where are these "dormant" tracks, pray tell? Every track I know of within 10 hours of here is fully booked every weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Youth of America unite and celebrate a motorcycle you can actually "learn" to race on. Good going Honda. Now, if we can just get KTM, Kawi, Suzuki and Yamaha to do the same we'd have real entertainment at dormant tracks across the US on weekends.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #4
TheFox
Founding Member

Thumbs down

I wish I could just go and buy one of these and start racing. Having been in the military and now a student, track time seems so out of reach. I don't even have a car for Christ's sake; how am I supposed to get back and forth to a tracks that are over 1/2 a day's drive away and be back in time for obligations?

It's the same for off road. No garage; small apartment and I can't park a pickup on the street here in Chicago. Where would I go?

Frustrating.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
I wish I could just go and buy one of these and start racing. Having been in the military and now a student, track time seems so out of reach. I don't even have a car for Christ's sake; how am I supposed to get back and forth to a tracks that are over 1/2 a day's drive away and be back in time for obligations?

It's the same for off road. No garage; small apartment and I can't park a pickup on the street here in Chicago. Where would I go?

Frustrating.
Some place besides Chicago?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Originally Posted by TheFox

C'mon out to the Burbs Fox. Forget that downtown livin'. Get more for your money by moving OUT of the city.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
TheFox
Founding Member

Yeah, I know. Just doesn't make sense to leave either. I live 2 blocks off campus and have cheap rent. I just resigned a reserve contract with the USMC and they're sending me to California for the summer to train. Doesn't make sense to move.

I just want more motorcycles. Is that so wrong?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:44 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Not a bit wrong!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #9
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Yeah, I know. Just doesn't make sense to leave either. I live 2 blocks off campus and have cheap rent. I just resigned a reserve contract with the USMC and they're sending me to California for the summer to train. Doesn't make sense to move.

I just want more motorcycles. Is that so wrong?
Wow just imagine a tour as a PL in a JP8 fueled KLR unit....
Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
TheFox
Founding Member

How about it. I'm supposed to go to 0321 school in California in May. Unit arranged it so I can go after my finals and get back in time for the school year, and they even chipped me $15k in bonus if I pass. Now all I have to do is convince them to send me to that KLR school...I already have a license....hmmmm....

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.