Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Book links motorcycle riding to cancer (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/7215-book-links-motorcycle-riding-cancer.html)

scudracer 02-02-2008 06:45 PM

Book links motorcycle riding to cancer

I just posted this on my blog. It's a book by some guy named Chipkar. Not sure if any of you have heard of it. Might seem a bit far-fetched but the EMF radiation thing IS quite scary. :(

Biker Voodoo » SHOCKING NEWS! ARE MOTORCYCLES CARCINOGENIC?

sfcdjevans 02-02-2008 06:48 PM

Soak in salt water for 3 days.

scudracer 02-02-2008 06:49 PM

Hey nice pic thats from Sepang Circuit! Where did you get the pic? I believe it was taken by Vincent, one of the Sepang Circuit photographers, whom I've know since 2000.

sfcdjevans 02-02-2008 06:57 PM

Hmm I'm trying to remember. It's been on a bunch of sites. Soup maybe? That's serendipity for you, he was at the right place at the right time for the picture. Hope Vale's good to go. 100 mph get offs gotta take a toll even if you walk away.

scudracer 02-02-2008 07:00 PM

I received the pics from SIC's press dept. and posted it immediately ... could it be it was the first in the world? Hehehehe.

Biker Voodoo » VALENTINO ROSSI CRASHES HIS YAMAHA YR-M1 DURING SEPANG CIRCUIT TESTING

He seemed fine at a Yamaha 150cc Asian bike launch a few days later.

pushrod 02-02-2008 08:49 PM

Dunno about cancer, but my urologist tells me that sitting for extended periods in one position is thought to contribute to prostate problems.

Very high incidence among Truck Drivers, bicyclists and motorcyclists.

seruzawa 02-02-2008 09:38 PM

Well, crap. I guess we got no choice but to go back to a non-technological subsistence society. Then we'll all be safe! Except for that dying by age 35 thing. But at least we'll be saving the environment. Oh wait, slash and burn agriculture didn't do that either.

Never mind.

The_AirHawk 02-02-2008 11:07 PM

Welders and Electric-Plant and Utility workers are likely at a far-higher risk.

I've read that it's not the size, intensity, or the amount of time you spend "inside" the field - rather, it's the number of times you enter/exit the field.

Maxwells passing-through the body isn't "good", but we're all gonna die of something. I'm at a far-greater risk of being flattened by some SUV-driving, valium-popping soccer-mom on her way to have her nails done.

I think I've better things to worry about. It's not like I'm using my Prostate for anything but a bladder-stopper right now anyways.........

Kenneth_Moore 02-03-2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scudracer (Post 178290)
I received the pics from SIC's press dept. and posted it immediately ... could it be it was the first in the world? Hehehehe.

Biker Voodoo » VALENTINO ROSSI CRASHES HIS YAMAHA YR-M1 DURING SEPANG CIRCUIT TESTING

He seemed fine at a Yamaha 150cc Asian bike launch a few days later.

Crashed? I thought he was just really happy about something.

sfcdjevans 02-03-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 178296)
Well, crap. I guess we got no choice but to go back to a non-technological subsistence society. Then we'll all be safe! Except for that dying by age 35 thing. But at least we'll be saving the environment. Oh wait, slash and burn agriculture didn't do that either.

Never mind.

I've solved the problem by removing the aluminum foil from my head and wrapped it around my scrotum to form an electronic hardening, protecting from EMF pulses.