Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I believe a synergistic merging of the design/implement paradigm coupled with realtime flow metrics from procurement to execution of final assembly will guarentee results in product aquisition enhancement, total customer satisfaction and positive pushback from componant source suppliers, resulting an enhanced fiscal enviroment derived from aggressive product placement and support

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 01-17-2008 at 09:53 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Just wait 'til we kill Whitey!
I'm having a "Kill Whitey" themed birthday party Saturday. You are cordially invited. Bring empty glass Coke bottle for the "****tails," please.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm having a "Kill Whitey" themed birthday party Saturday. You are cordially invited. Bring empty glass Coke bottle for the "****tails," please.
Don't tempt me. It was 5 degrees last night with a high of 20 degrees today.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I believe a synergistic merging of the design/implement paradigm coupled with realtime flow metrics from procurement to execution of final assembly will guarentee results in product aquisition enhancement, total customer satisfaction and positive pushback from componant source suppliers, resulting an enhanced fiscal enviroment derived from aggressive product placement and support
That is modern management psychobabble for "I think we are going to take a beating on this, but I'm still getting my bonus".
Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Hee hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
A couple months back we were sent a big pdf package of all the changes that are coming. It was prefaced with a 10 minute presentation from some woman VP nobody ever heard of. I wish I could have saved the video presentation because I swear on my mother's grave that this executive's 10 minute talk made absolutely NO sense at all. It was like some MadTV skit spoofing middle managers but these MBA clowns are serious with this new moronic crap.

I'm glad I get to retire in 3 years because they'll be lucky if the place lasts much longer than that with such idiots in charge. Every 'improvement' results in a worsening overhead ratio. If I hear one more talk about ISO9000 metrics I'm gonna explode.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If I hear one more talk about ISO9000 metrics I'm gonna explode.
GE has something called "Black Belts." As far as I can determine, it is a state of management education that has similar results as a frontal lobotomy. Our last "Black Belt" project was removing all of our test machines, installing VM for Windows, and trying to run 4 different operating systems and databases on a laptop. It's been a terrible mess...
Old 01-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

what we get is " Recommitment to Ethics Day", a few years ago some ********* Company executives and Air Force procurement agents cooked up a massive kick back scheme based on insider info. on Air Force contracts, eventually they all got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, the company was fined millions of dollars and barred from bidding on USAF contracts for a few years (interestingly enough Sen. McCain was leading the charge on the investigation) the exec's were fired though still with massive parachutes etc..

The upshoot of all this is that once a year we rank and file Union members and salary people get to troop over to the Museum of Flight and spend the day being harrangued by the suits about our terrible ethical lapse and what it cost the company. They have the heads of each division on a big screen beating us up in the most perfect New Speak about basically what a bunch of crooks and schemers we are and how we almost ran the company into the ground with our thievin' ways. The fact that none of us had anything to do with this and that all the people involved were waaaay upper management seems to escape them.

It's a total excersise in self control to sit through this horse sh*t every year, the only saving grace is that you really can't understand a flippin' word they're saying LOL

Last edited by sarnali2 : 01-17-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #28
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

ISO9000 and the Metrics will eventually be forced onto the field of battle against the dark forces of Six Sigma and his dreaded legions of Black Belts.

Anyway, does anyone know why every single incarnation of Indian produces the same model- the Chief? Why not produce a more (gasp) modern version of a model people actually miss- the Scout?
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #29
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
ISO9000 and the Metrics will eventually be forced onto the field of battle against the dark forces of Six Sigma and his dreaded legions of Black Belts.

Anyway, does anyone know why every single incarnation of Indian produces the same model- the Chief? Why not produce a more (gasp) modern version of a model people actually miss- the Scout?
Interesting point...why don't they do something REALLY cool like recreate that 4 cylinder that ran lengthwise down the frame? Sort of a Rocket IV?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #30
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Interesting point...why don't they do something REALLY cool like recreate that 4 cylinder that ran lengthwise down the frame? Sort of a Rocket IV?

That would require they actually DESIGN something instead of copying parts lists out of a catalog