Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 35
Default Ducati sales on the rise in North America

Original Article:
Ducati sales on the rise in North America

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Ducati sales on the rise in North America in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by sachiwilson; 01-15-2008 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: linkie
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Good for Ducati. It takes real genius to keep selling such obsolete, low horsepower, dead-and-buried V-twins.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Good for Ducati. It takes real genius to keep selling such obsolete, low horsepower, dead-and-buried V-twins.
Trolling for someone?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Trolling for someone?
Just trying to precipitate a stroke somewhere in Seattle.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Just trying to precipitate a stroke somewhere in Seattle.
Fenton and I dropped in on CW a couple of times and baited the hook. He kept going bonkers after that and eventually got banned. It was hysterical.

I pushed a few buttons and watched the train wreck after that.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Fenton and I dropped in on CW a couple of times and baited the hook. He kept going bonkers after that and eventually got banned. It was hysterical.

I pushed a few buttons and watched the train wreck after that.
I noticed that he was attacking MO for its Canadian ownership a while back. That's pretty funny for a guy who wanted to emigrate there at one time.

Can you say, "Bipolar"? I knew you could.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

That train was a wreck looooong before any buttons were pushed.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Just trying to precipitate a stroke somewhere in Seattle.


Chumming the waters so to speak eh?.....


If that retard got kicked off here and now CW I wonder where he'll crop up next? Like genital Herpes, KPaul is the gift that keeps on giving.........
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Back on thread.

Well, I think this is f***ing great! In 1990 a person couldn't have been faulted for believing that soon there would be no motorcycle companies left in the world except the Japanese companies and maybe BMW. Triumph was a rumor, HD was somewhat revitalized but still a small player, KTM (who was that?), BMW soldiered along, Buell was a dream and Ducati was a niche bike with frequent financial troubles and had a reputation as a fast but poor quality line of bikes. My how things have changed.

Today you can barely find a bad bike, HD is stomping the Japanese in large displacement cruiser sales, Triumph offers an attractive line-up of varied bikes with better reliability records than the Big4's, Buell sells 10K units per year, BMW still soldiers along, KTM sales are expanding and Ducati sells 10K of their soon-to-be-demised (heh heh) V-twins in the USA alone.

With a lineup far more exciting to many than the two staid and boring giants and previous innovation leaders, Yammerhammer and Honduh, and with comparable pricing, expect Duck to do even better in the future.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Chumming the waters so to speak eh?.....


If that retard got kicked off here and now CW I wonder where he'll crop up next? Like genital Herpes, KPaul is the gift that keeps on giving.........
--2wf





.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off