Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 11-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Kenneth, you have to understand where Seruzawa and myself are coming from. Yes, we/I believe Bush has screwed things up rather well. I don't think either of us voted for him on either election (I know I didn't). But, the fact is Clinton set the stage for where we are at currently and Bush just decided to crank it up to 11 when he got here. Neither was/is a good president (both have a LOT of blood on their hands), and until people stop voting for the two main parties, we will continue to have used drunken fishermen running this ship.

Pretty much the motto is: Hate Republicans, Loathe Democrats.

P.S.
If I could find a way to move this thread to a "political" section of the forum, I would. Just can't figure it out.
I'm glad you didn't use the term "drunken sailor". As a proud ex-drunken sailor I take umbrage at being compared to republicrat spendthrifts. I'll bet sarnali feels the same way too. We never spent our kids' future earnings.

Beware the wrath of squids of ages past.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #52
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I respect y'all, you know I'm a dyed in the wool liberal,........

I'm very very sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #53
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I'm very very sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore
I respect y'all,

Except you. Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an a-hole.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #54
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
If you watch closely, the guy in the burnout video goes veering off into his neighbor's yard. It's great!
I saw that, was wondering "WHY didn't they continue filming as he punched-through the side of his neighbour's trailer?"
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #55
anrajala
Founding Member

>Oh gee, Bill got a BJ in the White House and gets
>impeached. Bush invades and occupies

This is also what really stumps me about Americans. If a president gets a BJ he gets impeached, but if someone else screws up and occupies another country by mistake, he gets re-elected.

So there were no WMDs, but who cares. Billions and billions are wasted for nothing. Its your money. In the lack of original target its now spent on "bringing democracy to Iraq". Screw me with a stick.

What's more, people are starting to belive in "victory". That's the most amazing thing of this whole balls-up . Even if America "won" tomorrow look at the table. It's empty.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:43 AM   #56
anrajala
Founding Member

>You can't honestly believe there's a nickel's
>difference between the two parties.

Well, when Clinton was in a white house things worked out better for America. He didn't attack Iraq or make a pig's ear of the nation's finances.

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-29-2007, 08:43 AM   #57
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I saw that, was wondering "WHY didn't they continue filming as he punched-through the side of his neighbour's trailer?"

That's almost as good as the black guy on the $35k bagger that nails a Cutlass in the parking lot

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #58
anrajala
Founding Member

>... a society controlled by unions. No jobs for the young. No hope.

What is it that is wrong with the unions? If you had unions with some control you'd have 5 week vacations like the people in other industrialized countries. Apart from France, where they use the 35 hr working week to get 9 week vacations. You don't think you deserve a decent vacation? Remeber we only go round once Seruzawa.

If the thinking is that unions empowerish the countries, look at Europe and its mega strong currency. Why is that when Renault talks about a merger with GM, its the frenchies who have the power position (answ: because their business is successful). Look at BMW M3 with its new light weight F1 style V8 in M3 that revs to 8,300 RPM. All developed and built by union guys with long vacations. And health care. And generous unemployment benefits should they ask their boss to f-off.

You can blame the unions all you want, but then, why are countries with stronger unions doing better?

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #59
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>... a society controlled by unions. No jobs for the young. No hope.

What is it that is wrong with the unions? If you had unions with some control you'd have 5 week vacations like the people in other industrialized countries. Apart from France, where they use the 35 hr working week to get 9 week vacations. You don't think you deserve a decent vacation? Remeber we only go round once Seruzawa.

If the thinking is that unions empowerish the countries, look at Europe and its mega strong currency. Why is that when Renault talks about a merger with GM, its the frenchies who have the power position (answ: because their business is successful). Look at BMW M3 with its new light weight F1 style V8 in M3 that revs to 8,300 RPM. All developed and built by union guys with long vacations. And health care. And generous unemployment benefits should they ask their boss to f-off.

You can blame the unions all you want, but then, why are countries with stronger unions doing better?

- cruiz-euro
Once again I think a distinction was drawn between public employee unions and other unions.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #60
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>...Why is that when Renault talks about a merger with GM, its the frenchies who have the power position (answ: because their business is successful).
- cruiz-euro
No, because GM is $430 Billion In The Hole. Which doesn't say much for the "Brains" at Renault - if you sold-off every single thing that "was" GM (and got Top Dollar for it!) - you'd still end up owing $265 Billion (these #'s are pre-dollar-"plunge" - dunno what it would be as of today). It was estimated that if you "froze" the interest owed on it (not gonna happen), and GM could show a 2% profit from here on out (which is ridiculous - also not gonna happen), it would be nearly 60 years before that debt was paid-off.

I certainly wouldn't want to merge with a company that owes more than the U.S. Deficit.

At least Ford is worth what IT owes - but just barely.

Chrysler didn't even have negative-equity, and it got sold-off (which didn't help Daimler one damn bit, it seems - still in the Red). And it was a stupid way to "rid" a company of a "loss leader" - Chrysler was in the black from 1983 to 2005 - something not even the Japanese companies can claim.

Chrysler had $12 Billion in cash at the time of the Merger in the late-'90s, and sales of $35 Billion a year - it didn't become a loser overnight - the Germans had to work at it............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote