Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What do you mean if France and Germany backed us? The LEAST they could have done was honor the oil embargo and stop doing business with Iraq. They had lots of sweetheart 'cheap oil for technology' deals going behind the scenes which were found out shortly after the war started. They didn't want a war to f&ck that up since they were getting oil for pennies. Some 'allies'!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #32
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
The war in Iraq would not have been necessary if France (and Germany) had backed us.

But, then, they never were that reliable. Remember their staunch cooperation with our attack on Libya in the '80s?
There is a considerable body of evidence that Cheney and friends had planned the invasion of Iraq BEFORE the election and/or 911. Then there is the equally large body of evidence that the excuses for invading Iraq were, at best, rather strained.

The war in Iraq is about oil and corporate profits. What Germany and France did or didn't do is utterly irrelevant.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Umm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
As far as I can tell, it really got going when the French had the good sense not to follow Dubya into that asinine Iraqi mess. BTW, they were right there with us for Gulf War 1, as were our other allies.

This issue bothers me too; many of the basic principles on which our nation was founded came directly from the French. Ok, so they needed our help to end the WW1 stalemate, and got overrun by the Nazis. The French Resistance was remarkable and effective. The French did a fairly good job of divesting themselves of their colonial role; albeit not as smoothly as the British.

French chicks are cool. Mirage jets are way cool. The Panhard line of autos were vastly superior to anything competing with them. VIVE Le' France, or something like that.
... Twas the US revolution that set the world on fire and ended thousands of years of aristocratic rule. Left to the froggies alone they'd have never had Bastille Day.

Anyhoo, don't believe the propaganda. I've had several relatives visit France recently and they tell me that they had no trouble with America haters. The news doesn't tell you what the average European thinks of the US. All those stories are designed to support ABCNBCNPRCBSCNNMCNBC's favored political party. Europe's lefty elites hate us but the only way to make them like us would be to declare the USA a Soviet Republic and follow them into the trash heap of history. I'm very happy to be hated by a buncha abject euro cowards.

If the French people were all a buncha whiny cowardly lefty fops then Sarkozy wouldn't be in the driver's seat.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
There is a considerable body of evidence that Cheney and friends had planned the invasion of Iraq BEFORE the election and/or 911.
Yeah, I read that on Moveon.org too!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #35
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Good Man! Keep yourself informed, don't buy the BS from Washington, make the right choices in the voting booth. With your help, we can restore democracy to America!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Default The USA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
.... keeps plans on file for attacking just about every country on Earth. The Germans have plans to attack Russia and France. Every country does this.

I hear all this moveon crap from my wife's relatives. Funny how they were all silent when Clowntoon was murdering Serbs to protect the strategic mines in the Balkans.... er I mean covering up his sexual escapades er wait that's not it... oh I've got it he was resisting ethnic cleansing, yeah, that's it. Ethnic cleansing. LOL! Funny how he didn't lift a finger against the ethnic cleansing in Rwanda even though they begged for help. No scandal to cover up at the time.

All wars are about economics. Except Clowntoon's. His were simply to cover up his crimes. A far worse motivation than protecting strategic interests.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #37
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
.... keeps plans on file for attacking just about every country on Earth. The Germans have plans to attack Russia and France. Every country does this.

I hear all this moveon crap from my wife's relatives. Funny how they were all silent when Clowntoon was murdering Serbs to protect the strategic mines in the Balkans.... er I mean covering up his sexual escapades er wait that's not it... oh I've got it he was resisting ethnic cleansing, yeah, that's it. Ethnic cleansing. LOL! Funny how he didn't lift a finger against the ethnic cleansing in Rwanda even though they begged for help. No scandal to cover up at the time.

All wars are about economics. Except Clowntoon's. His were simply to cover up his crimes. A far worse motivation than protecting strategic interests.
Oh gee, Bill got a BJ in the White House and gets impeached. Bush invades and occupies a sovereign nation that was no threat to us, kills hundreds of thousand of civilians and what, 4,000 US soldiers, makes us look like Nazis to the rest of the world, and generally destroys the US economy along the way (the shyt is just beginning to hit the fan, I assure you), and you come up with a BJ. Nice going, I wouldn't try to explain Bush's actions either.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Billary all the way baby!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ha!

Quote:
Oh gee, Bill got a BJ in the White House and gets impeached. Bush invades and occupies a sovereign nation that was no threat to us, kills hundreds of thousand of civilians and what, 4,000 US soldiers, makes us look like Nazis to the rest of the world, and generally destroys the US economy along the way (the shyt is just beginning to hit the fan, I assure you), and you come up with a BJ. Nice going, I wouldn't try to explain Bush's actions either.
How many people does a criminal president have to murder to be unacceptable? I guess the few thousand corpses Clowntoon left laying about is perfectly fine, eh? As long as he's got that "D" behind his name you guys just loooove a murderer. Heck, how long has KKK member Robery Byrd been around? Or the murderer Kennedy? Oh wait, I forgot. He only murdered one girl. Perfectly acceptable to democrats apparently.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #40
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
How many people does a criminal president have to murder to be unacceptable? I guess the few thousand corpses Clowntoon left laying about is perfectly fine, eh? As long as he's got that "D" behind his name you guys just loooove a murderer. Heck, how long has KKK member Robery Byrd been around? Or the murderer Kennedy? Oh wait, I forgot. He only murdered one girl. Perfectly acceptable to democrats apparently.
If you honestly can't perceive a difference in how this nation operates and what our political situation is today versus how it did when Clinton was President, then there's nothing I can say to change your mind. As far as I'm concerned, it's night and day. The last election seems to show a lot of other Americans think so too, including Republicans. And it will take a major, major, f-up for the Dems to lose the 08 election.

People are figuring out these bozos are evil, self serving hypocritical bastards who don't even pretend to obey the law or have principles. They're sick of it, and their voting reflects it.