Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default BRP investing in engine research

Original Article:
http://www.motorcycle.com//news/brp-...rch-67072.html

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article BRP investing in engine research in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by seruzawa : 09-26-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Does this link work?
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Default It does now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Does this link work?
So, get to it, boot.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

BRP owns Evinrude.

Evinrude has the E-tec two stroke. This is an efficient (and emissions friendly) two stroke engine. Worldwide emissions standards are tightening when it comes to offroad vehicles (snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, etc.), so it doesn't take Nostradamus to see that that the E-tec will "drift" into those markets.

Two strokes will also probably return to the street. There is a company in Australia that uses similar technology to the E-tec in scooter engines. Two strokes are less expensive to produce- at least if you don't add in the license fees that must be hefty on these new technologies.

I, Nostracheesebeast, predict the return of the two stroke for the street by 2013. Unfortunately, in 2012 the Mayan calender resets and the world ends. Further, Cthulhu will rise and feast upon the hot salty flesh of the hapless masses who are lucky enough to survive the Mayan onslaught.

Any questions?
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
BRP owns Evinrude.

Evinrude has the E-tec two stroke. This is an efficient (and emissions friendly) two stroke engine. Worldwide emissions standards are tightening when it comes to offroad vehicles (snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, etc.), so it doesn't take Nostradamus to see that that the E-tec will "drift" into those markets.

Two strokes will also probably return to the street. There is a company in Australia that uses similar technology to the E-tec in scooter engines. Two strokes are less expensive to produce- at least if you don't add in the license fees that must be hefty on these new technologies.

I, Nostracheesebeast, predict the return of the two stroke for the street by 2013. Unfortunately, in 2012 the Mayan calender resets and the world ends. Further, Cthulhu will rise and feast upon the hot salty flesh of the hapless masses who are lucky enough to survive the Mayan onslaught.

Any questions?
How do I sign up to be a Mayan?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #6
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

You don't want to be a Mayan "volunteer".

Famous last words: "Hey fellas, the view from the top of this step pyramid is GREAT! You can see the ocean in the dista..."
Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
You don't want to be a Mayan "volunteer".

Famous last words: "Hey fellas, the view from the top of this step pyramid is GREAT! You can see the ocean in the dista..."
Ok, I want to be on the team that isn't: "hapless masses who are lucky enough to survive the Mayan onslaught"
Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Yeah.

Quote:
BRP owns Evinrude.

Any questions?
Should we baste ourselves in butter or steak sauce?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
pplassm
Founding Member

I was never a boot. I was a plebe.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #10
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Butter. Cthulhu is pure evil, and pure evil does not worry about cholesterol. Sodium, however, is another matter entirely.

I am pleased you all seem to be taking the news in such a positive light. I, for one, wailed and offered mute supplication for tender mercy when I received the loathsome vision of what the future holds for us poor mortals.

Then I got drunk and forgot all about it.

ETA:
Ken, you can't talk your way out of this one. You can't run. You can't hide. Cthulhu knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you are awake. He knows if you been bad or good and he will eat you just THE SAME.