Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Japanese GP (Spoiler Warning)

This was one of the most entertaining races that I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

In summary, the race was declared a "wet race" and everyone started out on wet weather tires.Then after about 9 laps the track started to dry and the riders started going back to the paddock area to changes bikes and get slick tires. Sadly, Mr Stoner who was leading the race, ended up in ninth place by it's end. But, he still finished in front of Rossi, and by doing so collected the needed points to make him this years world champion.

Also, making this race a doubly face loosing event for Japanese motorcycle manufacturing executives. Stoners team mate Loris Capirossi won the race on his No# 65 GP7. Is this the 3 or forth year in a row this has happened? I can't remember...

Ducati - Campioni del Mondo

Last edited by bmwdude : 09-24-2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Spacing and line problems
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Talking

Third year in a row. Next year should be interesting 4 in a row for Loris? That would make the Japanese very happy!
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:42 AM   #3
bmwdude
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
Third year in a row. Next year should be interesting 4 in a row for Loris? That would make the Japanese very happy!
Very true, I recall one of the race announcers saying that Capirossi is going to Suzuki next season. This make me wonder who will ride the second bike on the Marlboro Ducati team?
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Marco Melandri. If MCN can be believed there are going to be some interesting changes coming.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote