Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Hot Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
The HondJet is kind of neat.

So what does everyone think Honda has planned in the future. Do you think they will pull out of the two wheeled market? They haven't exactly been keeping their lineup fresh over the past 5 years and there seems to be little indication of them doing anything different down the road.
I think they're in the infamous "Jesus Chrysler Business Life Cycle." That's where you sell product designed to support your parts and service profit centers, and protect your stockholder value. Thus, you avoid any risk, minimize investment, and look for ways to lower the cost to build without adding value.

Look at what Kawasaki is doing compared to Honda. They're in different worlds, let alone business life cycles.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #12
Sparkytoo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
http://www.motorcycle.com//news/hond...eup-65848.html

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Honda’s 2008 lineup in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
I have become so frustrated with American Honda's continuing poor model selection in America that I sent a certified letter to the president of American Honda -- no response yet, just received the confirmation receipt. Here we are again with another ultra boring new model introduction and there is NOTHING, absoluting nothing for the American buyer -- well except another couple of color combinations along with multiple fender and muffler style choices for the cruisers -- oh, oh, and I almost forget -- one "brand new" sport bike that has, gasp, a few more HP and a few less pounds all for another $1000!

There is again nothing new for the buyer that might actually like to use a Honda motorcycle for basic transportation. Oil is now $80 plus per barrel and heading higher. Can you say $5/gallon gasoline? Wait until next year and see!

Honda has at least a half dozen entirely different models available in the European market that are "banned" from the US market by the brilliant marketing team at Honda HQ in Torrance, CA. Naa -- they think we need more cruiser colors and muffler styles -- that will let Honda take sales from all those people that are buying Harley's -- right?

...Sparkytoo
Sparkytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
blade5
Registered Member

nice color of cbrr 600
blade5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
fumanchu
Founding Member

Exclamation

gawd, are you all blind?

motorsports are just a diversion tactic for honda, to distract us from their main industry of developing ASIMOs for combat applications at their underground labs in Djibouti, Djibouti, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

these battle-ASIMOs will then be sold as pre-packaged armies to whichever third world juntas can foot the bill, and they'll even come in "armies of the past" editions for jet sets who've always wanted their own personal invasion force (richard branson, imelda marcos, yanni...). for a wee premium, you'll be able to get the napoleonic ASIMO army, iranian revolutionary ASIMO guard - complete with beards, 300 spartan ASIMOs, 101st easy company ASIMOs (the buck compton one will refuse to fight, though), or the cast of 'hogan's heroes' in ASIMOs.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I don't know, I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg awesom-o.jpg (27.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 11-09-2007 at 08:10 AM.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Default Whooee!! CB1000R

Motorcycle Daily : Honda Rocks Milan With New CB1000R

Okay, this looks like Honda's version of Kawi's Z1000. Which is a motorcycle I would probably own right now if it wasn't known (even in its updated version) for unwanted vibration. I have a feeling that the Honda version won't have that problem, so if this model comes available in the States in a year or two then I might just have to find a place in the garage for it.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post

Okay, this looks like Honda's version of Kawi's Z1000. Which is a motorcycle I would probably own right now if it wasn't known (even in its updated version) for unwanted vibration. I have a feeling that the Honda version won't have that problem, so if this model comes available in the States in a year or two then I might just have to find a place in the garage for it.
I've ridden a Z1000. Lemme tellya - I WANTED that vibration.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
ccd3
Founding Member

Default transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post

Does that motorcycle turn into a gun?
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #19
fumanchu
Founding Member

two bots enter, one bot leaves.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu View Post
gawd, are you all blind?

motorsports are just a diversion tactic for honda, to distract us from their main industry of developing ASIMOs for combat applications at their underground labs in Djibouti, Djibouti, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

these battle-ASIMOs will then be sold as pre-packaged armies to whichever third world juntas can foot the bill, and they'll even come in "armies of the past" editions for jet sets who've always wanted their own personal invasion force (richard branson, imelda marcos, yanni...). for a wee premium, you'll be able to get the napoleonic ASIMO army, iranian revolutionary ASIMO guard - complete with beards, 300 spartan ASIMOs, 101st easy company ASIMOs (the buck compton one will refuse to fight, though), or the cast of 'hogan's heroes' in ASIMOs.
I'll start worrying when one of them is able to successfully conquer every soldier's nemesis... a flight of stairs.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote