Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Be Afraid...Be Very Afraid (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/6292-afraid-very-afraid.html)

The_AirHawk 08-31-2007 02:23 PM

We were listening to what you meant, not what you were saying.

mscuddy 08-31-2007 06:16 PM

Yes, indeed.

What happens when some idiot in a hurry, nalis a bike, and almost kills the rider? The cops give the car driver a ticket, "Oh ,he didn't see you, no criminal intent." and you're left to put together whatever is left of your life.

I rode on the streets of Los Angeles for 35 years on a motorcycle, I was at the top of my game. Only to get side swiped by some moe in a Hyundai Santa Fee going about 55 in a 35. Didn't even know what hit me.

Just remember, no matter how good you are, or think you are, there's some SUV out there with your name on it. Ride offensive, since defensive don't work anymore. And ride like they're after you, because they are.

Cheesebeast 08-31-2007 08:41 PM

MsCuddy,

You don't need to bold any of what you say. Your experience- or at least the 1% I can understand of it- is enough to illustrate the potential costs of riding on the street.

In my state we have a state motto that says "Live Free or Die". General John Stark wrote that years after the battle of Bennington. I can't stand partial quotes. The full quote is "Live Free or Die; Death is Not the Worst of Evils."

Many bikers can state the first part from memory. Few are even aware of the rest of the quote. Wishes don't mean squat, but I wish you weren't one of those that can truly understand both parts.

Sorry if this is maudlin. I have been dipping into my pet bottle of Luksosowa. It is a fine Polish Potato Vodka and when I drink it everyone is my comrade and I think collective thoughts. I am thinking right now about adding my neighbor's field into my collective. He needs re-education. Badly. He has two vintage John Deere tractors, and I have none.

Sincerely,
Comrade Cheesebeast

The_AirHawk 08-31-2007 08:47 PM

If there were Justice in this world, my friend - YOU would still be riding, and HE would be in the chair.

I could not continue on with my tiny little life if I had done something to someone, as has been done to you. I could not just walk away from someone I had wronged in this way. This is utterly Alien to me. Yet, it's the society in which we live.

Nobody takes personal responsability for their actions anymore. When my Father was killed last year - Lawyers came out of the woodwork, trying to get us to file suit. It was an EASY multi-million settlement. My Father taught us better than that, though. HE is the one that made the mistake; HE is the one that did something he foolish, something he KNEW he shouldn't, had in fact done it a hundred times over. Only, that last time claimed him.

If we had sued the business where he worked, we'd probably own it now. We'd probably own the truck manufacturer. But, my Father wouldn't rest easy, and neither would us kids. He'd be disgusted with us, and that's a Fact.

I'm sorry, man. I'm just not able to come to grips with this guy injuring you, and merely walking away as if he'd run over a dog or a cat. It infuriates me that he's not able to Man-Up and take responsibility when he KNOWS that he f'cked up.

Sorry, got too preachy here.

Someone sue me.

Cheesebeast 08-31-2007 08:51 PM

I can't even spell maudlin. Is that correct? I can't figure out how to edit my post. Damn you DEMON RUM. My facilties are escaping me. My life force is draining. It is late here on the east coast of the USA.

Bed tiem. After a few more. Bed. b-e.d.

The_AirHawk 08-31-2007 08:56 PM

It's easier to call him by his first name - Karl.........

The_AirHawk 08-31-2007 08:57 PM

Oh, wait - not that Maldin!

BrowningBAR 08-31-2007 09:07 PM

Yes, the neighbor is a greedy bastard. And it isn't like he can use and appreciate both tractors at the same time. Right there is you precedent for finding the necessity of acquiring your neighbor’s surplus inventory.

It's funny; I've found a whole new appreciation for farmers. And I really don't give a damn if they are subsidized. If anyone should get "free" money, it's a farmer. Those are some hard working sunsa*****es. I've never seen so many 70+ year old individuals that could still kick my ass if I catch 'em on the wrong day.

My wife’s grandfather is 90. Still has a good patch of land he farms, raises chickens and still hunts. He shot a deer couple of months ago one morning on his land, dragged it about 2 acres back to his shed, skinned it, gutted it, and turned it into sausage all before 10am.

I am a gigantic p*ssy,
Colonel Clam

Cheesebeast 08-31-2007 09:16 PM

Da,

I can't spell maudlin, and I can't spell solzeneitsyn when I am sober. All I know is he has two tractors, and I have none. He needs gulag.

Haven't I been mind blowingly good to the state? DOn't I pay my many blood taxes and bribes? Where is my tractor? Where is my state collective farm #4? Don't I meet my quota of people that I turn in to the state for re-education?

Farming blows. I just want tractor.

Cheesebeast 08-31-2007 09:19 PM

Karl? Maldin?

V.O.D.K/A