Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 07-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
kavenger
Banned

Smile Helmet Cams obsolete by New Wearable Cam Invention

"The problem is that you can't hold a camcorder while riding, or fixing it to your motorcycle is too limiting. The only logical place to put a camera is on your helmet. There are plenty of helmet cams out there, but they all suffer a few weaknesses, the main one if the wind drag, but also the head is not the most stable recorder platform out there.
"
kavenger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Seems like it would vibrate quite a bit.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Seems like it would vibrate quite a bit.
Ok when KP posts something that says "the head is not the most stable platform out there" I just can't help but laugh.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I have to think that the vast majority of riders who feel the need to video their "exploits" while riding are immature squids doing the kind of things that give motorcycling so much bad PR here of late. They're probably the same kids who stood at the side of the swimming pool screaming "LOOK AT ME MOMMY, LOOK AT ME" over and over until their Mom fianlly watched them flop into the water on their bellies.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
billlang675
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I have to think that the vast majority of riders who feel the need to video their "exploits" while riding are immature squids doing the kind of things that give motorcycling so much bad PR here of late. They're probably the same kids who stood at the side of the swimming pool screaming "LOOK AT ME MOMMY, LOOK AT ME" over and over until their Mom fianlly watched them flop into the water on their bellies.
You are so right.
billlang675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #6
kavenger
Banned

Default A different opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Actually, I can see several reasons to video tape your ride. If you have been a long time MO subscriber you probably remember the story about a young women who video taped her commutes. This came in handy when some idiot pulled in front of her. Also a buddy of mine videotapes all of the rides he goes on so he can write about how twisty the road was or how scenic it was i.e. he ranks roads in WA state .. Destination Highways does the same thing.
Click here for an example

kavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Default "Afternoon, Officer...

Sure, here's my camera, oh and you'll need this cord to hook it up to the computer...Just bear in mind, Sir, that when the needle on the right shows 14,000, I was only in 2nd gear so couldn't have been going THAT fast. Oh, and when you're watching and the horizon seems to just disappear for a second or two? That's the part where the ground just fell out from underneath me. Whole friggin' Earth moved, I swear.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Well, I did say "the vast majority." There are no doubt people who use the cameras for something other than what I was talking about, but I'll stick to the contention that most are squid-cams.