Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 07-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
pplassm
Founding Member

Glad to hear you're (mostly) ok!
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #12
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

And this guy didn't get charged with anything? How about wreckless driving, public endangerment, leaving the scene? How stoned do you gotta be to not know that you punted a motorcycle on the expressway?
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow View Post
And this guy didn't get charged with anything? How about wreckless driving, public endangerment, leaving the scene? How stoned do you gotta be to not know that you punted a motorcycle on the expressway?
He worked for Nixon. Denying illegal actions would probably be listed as a hobby on his resume.
------------------------------------------
"Richard Nixon has never been one of my favorite people anyway. For years I've regarded his existence as a monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosones that corrupt the possibilities of the American Dream; he was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena and the style of a poison toad.

The Nixon I remembered was absolutely humorless; I couldn't imagine him laughing at anything except maybe a paraplegic who wanted to vote Democratic but couldn't quite reach the lever on the voting machine."
-Hunter S. Thompson On Richard Millhouse Nixon
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 AM   #14
rgewirtz
Founding Member

They have charged him with hit and skip as well as reckless endangerment. They won't arrest him until he is discharged from the hospital (otherwise the state pays the bill). Other charges may follow once the prosecutor gets hold of the case. I will be very interested in his prior DUIs being pled down. He is also an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church. I'd personally like an apology for almost killing me. The difference between him facing another DUI vs. vehicular manslaughter is my wearing a helmet and getting very lucky with oncoming traffic. Also, now that I think about the accident, the large metal panniers may have prevented me from getting caught under the bike and/or the bike sliding under his car.
rgewirtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
He worked for Nixon. Denying illegal actions would probably be listed as a hobby on his resume.
"Richard Nixon has never been one of my favorite people anyway. For years I've regarded his existence as a monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosones that corrupt the possibilities of the American Dream; he was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena and the style of a poison toad.

The Nixon I remembered was absolutely humorless; I couldn't imagine him laughing at anything except maybe a paraplegic who wanted to vote Democratic but couldn't quite reach the lever on the voting machine."

I thought amnesia about illegal actions was taken to t new level by Slick Willie. Go read what Hunter S. said about Clinton.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Not to defend Nixon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post

... but Hunter's opinion of Nixon sounds suspiciously like he's confessing his own character faults.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #17
bbtowns
Founding Member

Hard to believe you were hit by a drunk Presbyterian Minister Watergate co-conspirator! Sounds like a dime novel. So glad you made it through with all your hard bits intact. It's a good reminder to wear our armour head to toe. Can't blame you though, I've put my motorcycle pants in the bags on a hot day before, will try to resist that next time now.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #18
billlang675
Founding Member

Dame republicans they never practice what they preach!
billlang675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #19
rgewirtz
Founding Member

Maybe I can write a book?
rgewirtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

See, what I do when the weathers hot is I wear shorts to work with my Aerostitch jacket and pants and my dandy new Combat Touring boots. Then I just change into my work boots and I'm comfy all day, riding to and from work and at work as well. I don't have to deal with the public at all and who's going to laugh at a 300 + lb biker in cargo shorts and steel toe boots anyway...

Best of both worlds, LOL

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote