Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default New Bill Against Motorcycle Checkpoints

Original Article:
New Bill Against Motorcycle Checkpoints

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article New Bill Against Motorcycle Checkpoints in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I like it! Why should there be a motorcycle-only checkpoint, anywhere? There aren't any car-only checkpoints, are there?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I second that Dr. There are for trucks (weighstations) but they are commercial vehicles and not my problem, lol
Old 03-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
ironboltbruce
Registered Member

Default RE: FASCISM IS NOT FREEDOM, JEFF HENNIE: 11NR09 - MRF News Release - United States...

Attention American Bikers:

In the email release below, the MRF says bikers should KISS Fascist Fat Jim Sensenbrenner's Ass, so Bikers can stay in General Population. I say KICK Fascist Fat Jim Sensenbrenner's Ass, so Bikers can help bring down the Prison!

Fat Jim Sensenbrenner is the sponsor of the USA Patriot Act:

Motorcycle Riders Foundation (MRF) Commends the Sponsor of the USA Patriot Act « Riding, Rights & Revolution :: One Biker's Rage Against the Kleptocracy

Fat Jim Sensenbrenner is the sponsor of the REAL ID Act:

REAL ID Act Sponsor & Fascist Kotex King Fat Jim Sensenbrenner Pushes Hard for Implementation of his Orwellian Big Brother Bill « Riding, Rights & Revolution :: One Biker's Rage Against the Kleptocracy

Fat Jim Sensenbrenner's next bill may eliminate all rights to privacy on the Internet:

Fat Jim Sensenbrenner Threatens ISPs, Demands End to Internet Privacy so Big Brother Knows as Much About You as Facebook Does « Riding, Rights & Revolution :: One Biker's Rage Against the Kleptocracy

If American Bikers have become such spineless Sheeple that they can only protect their rights by sucking up to the very people that are icons of all that we (should) oppose, then they deserve--and should ultimately expect--the ugly fate that awaits all COLLABORATORS when real freedom fighters wrest control from their fascist oppressors.

Well NOT ME, boys and girls:

I SAY GROW A PAIR... LIKE I TOLD YOU MONTHS AGO, MAKE THE CHECKPOINTS TOO COSTLY AND THEY'LL GO AWAY.

F**K FAT JIM. AND F**K THE MRF...

IronBoltBruce
Riding, Rights & Revolution :: One Biker's Rage Against the Kleptocracy

###

From: Motorcycle Riders Foundation [mailto:mrf-news@mrf.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 6:26 PM

Subject: 11NR09 - MRF News Release - United States House of Representatives Bill to Prohibit Funding for Motorcycle Checkpoints

11NR09 - MRF News Release - United States House of Representatives Bill to Prohibit Funding for Motorcycle Checkpoints

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
03 March 2011

Contact: Jeff Hennie , Vice President of Government Relations and Public Affairs

United States House of Representatives Bill to Prohibit Funding for Motorcycle Checkpoints

Today in Washington, Representative Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) introduced legislation, H.R. 904, a bill to prohibit the United States Department of Transportation funding for motorcycle-only roadside checkpoints. Representatives Tom Petri (R-W) and Paul Ryan (R-W) are original co-sponsors.

Last year, the USDOT set aside a pool of federal monies to fund motorcycle-only roadside checkpoints. One grant was awarded to the state of Georgia in the amount of $70,000. The Georgia Department of Public Safety, through the Georgia State Patrol, plan to begin the motorcycle-only checkpoints this spring, targeting motorcyclists heading to Daytona, Florida for bike week.

The grant was supplied by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) whose goal is supposed to be accident avoidance not injury reduction. Clearly motorcycle checkpoints do not promote accident avoidance. H.R. 904 will not stop the Georgia checkpoints, only future funding of motorcycle checkpoints.

"We introduced this important piece of legislation because Secretary LaHood and NHTSA remain adamant that mandating helmet use will prevent motorcycle crashes," Sensenbrenner said. "The first step in motorcycle crash prevention should be rider education and increased awareness. Taxpayer money should not be spent on helmet checkpoints that do not prevent crashes."

The Motorcycle Riders Foundation thanks Congressmen Sensenbrenner, Petri and Ryan for their support and defense of the motorcyclists of this country.

The MRF urges you to contact your Representatives and ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 904. You can reach your Representative through the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Motorcycle Riders Foundation | 236 Massachusetts Ave. NE | Suite 510 | Washington | DC | 20002
ironboltbruce is offline   Reply With Quote