Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson Reports 2010 Results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/17490-harley-davidson-reports-2010-results.html)

Administrator 01-25-2011 11:15 AM

Harley-Davidson Reports 2010 Results

Original Article:
Harley-Davidson Reports 2010 Results

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Harley-Davidson Reports 2010 Results in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 01-25-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Harley-Davidson reported $259.7 million in income in 2010, up from $70.6 million in 2009 thanks to improved results from the company’s financial services division.
Read as: "We's sent Legbreakers around to all the deadbeats what owed us Money for bikes what they bought, and persuaded thems to pays-up......."

pplassm 01-26-2011 10:38 AM

What? There's not a dog-pile of Buell-lovers on this post, yet?

Administrator 01-26-2011 11:32 AM

According to Harley-Davidson's financial statements, 2,614 Buell motorcycles were sold in 2010 including 63 in the fourth quarter, in case anyone's counting.

-MO news monkey

Dr_Sprocket 01-26-2011 04:23 PM

So, let me get this straight. H-D sold less models in 2010 than they did in 2009, even after jettisoning the Buell brand?! Nevertheless, they made more $$, primarily because they focused efforts on recouping funds from existing customers. Just think if they had done this BEFORE dropping the bomb on Buell!

Waddell is a ____________! (fill in the blank)

Morbo the Destroyer 01-27-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 255012)
So, let me get this straight. H-D sold less models in 2010 than they did in 2009, even after jettisoning the Buell brand?! Nevertheless, they made more $$, primarily because they focused efforts on recouping funds from existing customers. Just think if they had done this BEFORE dropping the bomb on Buell!

Waddell is a ____________! (fill in the blank)

Damn you! I was all set to post how they'd sold fewer bikes and made three times as much money, then I was going to rant about accounting assholes and their fantasy world of numbers.

One thing is for sure, those giant dealerships will make really cool rave clubs in a few years.

ridesegc04 01-27-2011 01:06 PM

quality

If the powers that be in head office paid more attention to quality than the bottom line I would buy a new ultra but until then I am keeping my 04 electraglide .
Go back to the tapered timken bearing crank
Improve crank runout tolerances and crank shaft quality
make a motor with more cu inches like a 124 so we dont have to spend 5 grand on go fast stuff just to keep up with the competition .
Stop nickle and diming us with cheap foreign made parts bring the work back to the USA where it belongs