Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   AMA Takes a Jab at Schwarzenegger (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/17195-ama-takes-jab-schwarzenegger.html)

Administrator 12-09-2010 09:12 AM

AMA Takes a Jab at Schwarzenegger

Original Article:
AMA Takes a Jab at Schwarzenegger

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article AMA Takes a Jab at Schwarzenegger in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Morbo the Destroyer 12-09-2010 09:30 AM

That negger has gotten unbelievably ugly over the years. He looks like he's wearing a Halloween fright mask of himself.

"Maria, the Arnold is horney. You will make love to the Govenator NOW."

"Sigh....ok, get the damn bags."

acecycleins 12-09-2010 09:36 AM

Arnold may have a R next to his name in politics, but his core is as left as the rest of Cali. Jerry Brown has good company.

jmdonald 12-09-2010 09:45 AM

Truly a Boob

Arnold,a far cry from the anti-tax champion he portrayed himself to be before being elected.Another example of a Hollywood caricature thinking he is making the decisions we aren't able to.He must be trying to groom himself for a Senate run.Maria must have ***** slapped him extremely hard to make him change that much.More likely he was always the nincompoop we now see.

MOKE1K 12-09-2010 09:50 AM

Well seems quite a few people on here will get there way, if I'm not mistaken.

The_AirHawk 12-09-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

As a political statement to denounce the legislation, the AMA saw Schwarzenegger, a motorcyclist, as an obvious choice for 2010 Motorcyclist of the Year, a designation, the group asserts, recognizes
“the person(s) who has had the most profound impact on the world of motorcycling, for better or worse” over the past year.
Well, I wouldn't exactly call him a MOTORCYCLIST - more like a Rubbie.......

The Rat 12-13-2010 08:08 AM

Arnold the JOKE

The AMA should not even mention the likes of another puppet political boob like Schwarzenegger let alone give him an "award" - even a "tongue-in-cheek" award. The Flabinator is neither a motorcyclist or a biker - just a low-life politician that has ruined California and now wants to lend his "expertise" to motorcycling.

Instead of wasting this award, I would love to see someone tackle the extremely poor service we endure at most motorcycle dealerships (the Japanese dealers are the worst) and if successful give him/her an award. Why do I feel this way? How about 7 weeks in the "shop" to fix a broken 4th gear under warranty on a Connie 14!!! And then receive a bike back that was way beyond disgustingly filthy. The service manager told me they "cleaned it up as best they could"!!! Service like this could drive me back to BMW or God forbid even Harley!!!

sarnali2 12-13-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rat (Post 253181)

How about 7 weeks in the "shop" to fix a broken 4th gear under warranty on a Connie 14!!! And then receive a bike back that was way beyond disgustingly filthy. The service manager told me they "cleaned it up as best they could"!!! Service like this could drive me back to BMW or God forbid even Harley!!!

Pretty much the reason I didn't buy a Conk this time though I love the bike. I just don't want to deal with numb-nut Japanese dealership people working on a complex piece of machinery. At least with HD BMW, Triumph and the Italians you have a chance at some professionalism. Not to say all Japanese bike mechanics are lousy, just most of the ones I've dealt with.

trenttheuncatchable 12-14-2010 10:09 AM

My solution to this was to find a private mechanic who works on both Harleys and rice burners, who charges about 60% labor compared to what the dealer charges, and who knows his stuff. Turnaround time is quick, too, since he only has a single car garage as his shop. 'Course he probably doesn't do warranty work ...

The_AirHawk 12-14-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 253270)
My solution to this was to find a private mechanic who works on both Harleys and rice burners, who charges about 60% labor compared to what the dealer charges, and who knows his stuff. Turnaround time is quick, too, since he only has a single car garage as his shop. 'Course he probably doesn't do warranty work ...

Moto Dealers hardly ever do "Warranty Work" these days, either. You are a Wise Man.

(while I'm just a Wise Guy ;) )