Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Feds Loaned Harley-Davidson $2.3B

Original Article:
Feds Loaned Harley-Davidson $2.3B

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Feds Loaned Harley-Davidson $2.3B in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Apparently most of the bailout money has been paid back, and it helped keep a lot of good companies from going under during the financial crises.

Who would have thought that?
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Apparently most of the bailout money has been paid back, and it helped keep a lot of good companies from going under during the financial crises.

That may be the funniest thing you've ever said Kenneth.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:

Wow.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

All that money wasted on expansion in low volume countries when they could have taken Buell worldwide so much easier.

Did I say that?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
That may be the funniest thing you've ever said Kenneth.
If you like that one, here's more:

The economy is taking off again, in spite of over a decade of Republican sponsored financial rape climaxed with Dubya's Depression, thanks to the effective leadership of the Obama administration.

The Republicans have decided that "ObamaCare" isn't the end of America as we know it after all. They've announced they're going to keep the most important provisions of the HCB.

America's standing in the world community has nearly recovered from Dubya's years of imperialist expansionism. It's never easy to withdraw from another administration's wars, but progress is being made.

Out of control defense spending is being reeled in. The F-22 fighter program (at a quarter BILLION per plane) is a good example.

Unfortunately Buzz, we're probably in for a couple years of Republicans wasting time trying to impeach Obama, but even that isn't so bad. If they're launching "a new investigation every week into Obama" as promised, at least they won't be dismantling the country like they did when they had complete control.

For more Fun Facts to Share and Tell about how great Obama is doing, be sure to visit:

Obama Ahead of Election 2010: The Secrets of His Success - TIME

or

Daily Kos: State of the Nation
Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken, Ken Ken,

You know, as well as the rest of us, that W didn't cause the financial meltdown in the banking and mortgage industry. Silly argument.
No one said that Healthcare couldn't use a realignment of what happens and how. GOP just wanted it to make sense and not cost huge sums. The deal that was passed is not a good deal for Americans and in the end would collapse the private healthcare system within a decade. You know I know this because of what I do for my living. I pay attention to every aspect of insurance because ultimately if effects me, too.
Say what you want about W days, but Barry is actually a laughing stock in the Leaders of the World community. Sorry, but it's true. He's never been a leader and still isn't.
The F22 plan was scrapped and replaced with the F-35 plan, but it was a badassed fighter.
They won't impeach him. Not enough time to waste on that. They will just render him useless like the Dems did to W in the last two yrs of him admin.

TIME is no better than the AP and is certainly a cheerleader for the left.
I don't read Daily enough to have an opinion on them, so I will not pick on them.

Love ya, Bro.
K
Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Geez Kirk, if Obama gets blamed for the recession that was already there when he was elected within months of taking office, it's certainly fair to blame Dubya who'd been in charge for 8 YEARS when it happened! C'mon dude, pick one standard of accountability or the other, but don't selectively apply them.

Of course, when the economy recovers in the next couple of quarters, the Replublicans will take full credit for that, even though it will be a result of Obama's work.

I left out my favorite Obama Accomplishment:

Ended the Bush torture policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards

Yay! Maybe we didn't fight the Nazis and Commies for nothing after all!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Geez Kirk, if Obama gets blamed for the recession that was already there when he was elected within months of taking office, it's certainly fair to blame Dubya who'd been in charge for 8 YEARS when it happened! C'mon dude, pick one standard of accountability or the other, but don't selectively apply them.

Of course, when the economy recovers in the next couple of quarters, the Replublicans will take full credit for that, even though it will be a result of Obama's work.

I left out my favorite Obama Accomplishment:

Ended the Bush torture policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards

Yay! Maybe we didn't fight the Nazis and Commies for nothing after all!
We outsource our torture now Ken. It's called rendition.

Here is your rosy economic forecast.

Jobless rate rises to 9.8 pct. as job growth slows - Yahoo! News
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

A republican president would have done a better job than Obama has done .. right. The economy may not be recovering like everyone would like it to, but blaming Obama for it is just plain asinine. (Just wanted Ken to know he's not the only MOron who doesn't think badly of the current prez.)
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote