Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 10-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
from speedtriple.com: "looks like Suzuki Gladius's retarded uncle".
Now thats funny!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
You forgot: "I AM NOT AN ANIMALLLL!"
GET your Filthy hands off me, you DAMN DIRTY APES!!!!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
TigreBrian
Registered Member

Cool Small changes, lead to a little more performance, but those headlights. Jury's out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
INTERMOT 2010: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article INTERMOT 2010: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
I'm here at the show, and have seen it in the "flesh" so to speak. I love all the changes, save one... The headlights... But, I've been wrong before, and things grow on you. However, I love the new windshield, the frame, and the little things, like the restyled radiator nacells... Over all it's a nice update, but hasn't strayed too far from the BELOVED original.

But those lights... I believe when people use the word "Iconic" in description of a motorcycle or feature, you need to keep that feature, or close to it, as it is so model identified. They could have gone with Yamaha style projector beam headlights, with a nice "Angle Eye" halo... But now, the bike looks more like something that was crashed, and stripped (er, which I guess is going back to it's roots...) But the twin round lights are really the identifier, and Triumph pretty much owned that feature (because not enough Moto Morini's are sold to matter)

Changing the frame seems, to me, a bit of a waste of time, as I don't remember hearing anyone complaining about terrible handling... And the weight savings were certainly not worth all the hours of design time and testing... But, what do I know? It may have been necessary for something other than "Change for Change's sake"; but right now, that's what it looks like... A large visual clue that it's not the old model, and a reason for the "well heeled" to HAVE to change to the new model.

But, the question one always has to ask after a refresh/redesign of a long favored model is... "Do I prefer this one to the old one?" And as an engineer and designer in the industry, I always have to ask, what improvements are the changes supposed to engender? Did the succeed? As a business decision was the money and time well spent...

Anyway, it's a pretty conservative restyle... for obvious reasons... But if I bought one for the extra torque, I'd pull those headlights pretty sharpish, and don some which better suite the character of the bike... Now that I think about it... Something like the Buell's lights (XB), but done a-la-Triumph would have been better. That way, I'd get the look, and the additional power...

Fly'n Brian
TigreBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

That tanks a nutcracker, ever read about "open Book" fractures? it's where you hit a tank like that and your pelvis cracks open like a book......

Nasty business

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That tanks a nutcracker, ever read about "open Book" fractures? it's where you hit a tank like that and your pelvis cracks open like a book......

Nasty business
That was my brothers 996 when I was hard on the brakes. No pelvis fracture but I think my reproductive health took a downturn.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote